Do you need to find a new job soon? These tips can super charge your job search!
- That’s okay. I’m not applying for a job. I am interested in your advice.
- That’s okay. I’m not in any hurry. I just wanted you to know what I have to offer in case something opens up later.
- That’s okay. I just wanted to know if you would take a look at my resume and give me any advice, ideas, leads, or referrals that come to mind.
- That’s okay. Perhaps you can think of someone else who might be interested right now in what I have to offer. Your referral would be appreciated by both of us.
- This’ll only take a moment.
- Yeah. I heard you guys were pretty successful right now. (then, STOP, no matter how long the silence)
- I’d be happy to meet you early, late, during lunch, even after work. What’s best for you?
- What’s a better time for me to reach you?
- Well let me tell you what’s on it. I’m the one who… (then go into your elevator speech).
- What’s your email or your fax number? I’ll send it and call you right back.
- I’ll bring it to the meeting. What’s a good time for you?
- But I’m not applying for a job. I got your name from ———. She said you were quite knowledgeable about this field. I just want to know if you would have a moment to share with me any advice, ideas, leads, and referrals.
- Actually, I’m going to be applying through “official” channels, as well, but I wondered if you could give me a little inside information.
- Who should I be talking to? I appreciate the referral.
Only RochesterWorks! provides a unique set of customized services to businesses and job seekers at little-to-no cost, preparing a skilled workforce and connecting them with opportunities in our region.