RochesterWorks! has committed all of our general Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Adult and Dislocated Worker training grant funds for the current fiscal year, which ends June 30, 2019. Learn more
To learn more about the RochesterWorks! Training Grant, click here sign up for the Training Grant Information workshop.
Acquiring the right skills can give you a competitive edge and help you be more successful in your job search. To determine what training program or continuing education is right for you, visit a RochesterWorks! Career Center. We will advise you on what skills are in demand, how training or education may help your job search lead to employment, and whether you are eligible for financial assistance. Please note that this information is subject to change pending the availability of WIA funds.
Frequently Asked Questions – Before You Are Approved
- What is the RochesterWorks! training grant?
- Who is eligible for Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) training funds?
- Do I need to live in Monroe County to be eligible?
- Is all training eligible for WIOA funds?
- Can college courses be covered?
- Can prerequisite courses be covered?
- Are correspondence classes or home study programs allowed?
- Are there any other guidelines regarding training that may be approved?
- Is there a maximum amount available to an individual?
- Can I use the RochesterWorks! training grant with other sources of financial aid, such as the federal Pell grant, the New York State TAP grant, scholarships, student loans, and employer tuition benefits?
- Can I collect my Unemployment benefits while in training? What is Section 599?
- What is involved in applying for training funds?
- Can I apply for training more than once?
Frequently Asked Questions – Once You Have Been Approved
- Once I have been awarded the RochesterWorks! training grant, is there anything that I need to do to keep the grant?
- Once I have been approved for the RochesterWorks! training grant, do I need to reapply for my next semester(s)? How do future semester bills get paid?
- Do I need to submit attendance? To whom and how often?
- I have forgotten who my training advisor is. What can I do?
- I am filling out my income tax forms. Is the RochesterWorks! training grant taxable? Will you be sending me any tax-related forms in the mail?
Documents for RochesterWorks! Training Grant Applicants
Training & Education Resources
Financial Resources While in Classroom Training
Federal Grants, Loans, Savings Programs and Tax Credits