New York State Grant Opportunities
The New York State Department of Labor (NYSDOL) currently has multiple On-the-Job Training grant programs available to assist businesses with hiring new employees.
Jobs Driven National Emergency Grant--EXTENDED
- Approximately $4.4 million in federal funds is available to offer businesses training support under the Jobs Driven National Emergency Grant (JD NEG) program.
- This program encourages the hiring of dislocated workers, with emphasis on those who are also long-term unemployed (27 weeks or more).
- The program covers 50 to 90% of training-related expenses - $7,900 per trainee cap.
- Contracts will be awarded for a period of up to one year ending no later than later than August 31, 2016
- Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis, with the deadline of May 31, 2016. All training activities must be concluded by September 30, 2016.
Click here to learn more about these grants and the application process.
If you are a job seeker interested in training grants for continued education please click here.