WORK EXPERIENCE ‘TRYOUT’ PROGRAM
Let RochesterWorks! take the FEAR out of hiring the “Right” candidate
RochesterWorks! can offer a unique program, that supports local employers willing to consider an applicant who may have barriers to employment; to observe their skills and work habits and determine they are the right fit for the job! Much like a ‘Paid’ Internship, the Work Experience ‘Tryout’ is a fully subsidized program which ultimately focuses on providing individuals the opportunity to secure a full-time, permanent position within your company!
- Private sector for-profit, not-for-profit, public businesses in Monroe County may apply. Potential candidates must work or live in Monroe County.
- Trade organizations, staffing agencies and other third party entities are not eligible to apply for Work Experience Tryout’s on behalf of other organizations.
- Applicants must comply with New York State Labor Law.
- The job must pay between $10 – $25 an hour
- Must be full-time year-round positions
- Positions that are in the public, private or nonprofit sectors.
If you are interested:
Please contact Kyle McCarthy at (585) 262-7526 to learn more, discuss hiring needs and determine program eligibility.
*Individuals cannot start work until the business has been notified and approved for the program.