Currently accepting resumes for a Part-Time Machine Technician, to handle prepare and operate thin film deposition chambers for optical coatings.
- Preparation of incoming goods for optical coatings – Glass, Plastic and Metal Optics.
- Maintain optical coating chambers, load substrates (optical components).
- Unload optics for packaging and perform optical coating process.
- Prepare optics for coating that includes substrate cleaning prior to loading.
- Perform optical coating measurements using spectrophotometers.
- Provide other general support to the overall coating production activities.
- Operate optical vacuum coaters, scan production or test runs, clean optical substrates for coating and other tasks as needed.
- Operate high vacuum coating machine.
- Understand basic vacuum technology and associated control equipment related to its operation. Set up machine, perform maintenance and cleaning of coating system.
- Start, monitor, and audit each coating run.
- Operate multiple types of Spectrophotometers (metrology).
- Measure coated substrates and evaluate relative to specifications.
- Read part prints for specification definitions.
- Clean substrates to be coated. Hand cleaning and/or ultrasonic cleaning.
- Set up tooling for substrates and load substrates.
- Unload and package finished optics.
- Complete all associated documentation at work station.
- Neatness and attention to detail a must.
- Basic business math skills, reading, and writing of production records required.
- Must be able to sit for periods of time.
- Able to lift maximum 30 pounds.
- Must Speak, Read, Write and Understand English for communication with workers and supervisor and completion of required job and customer documentation.
- High school or equivalent
Please send copy of Resume and work-related references