- Performs variety of medical office secretarial and clerical duties and some administrative tasks which require knowledge of departmental policies and procedures.
- Types and proofs correspondence. personal patient and customer information. insurance, related materials in medical software as requested.
- Uses word processing equipment or a personal computer.
- Schedules patient appointments, answers general questions, obtains authorizations and pre- authorizations for patient care services.
- Completes required paperwork or documentation as requested.
- Files or scan charts according to established procedures.
- Creates and maintains charts, graphs, spreadsheets and databases on a personal computer.
- Answers telephones, routes callers, takes messages and provides routine information to clients or customers.
- Assist with placing patient's in treatment rooms, maintain cleanliness of rooms.
- Contact patients/customers for appointments reminder and schedule pick up appointments.
- Provides assistance in the day-to-day administration of department.
- Establishes and maintains files and records.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties. e.g., photocopies. scans patient's charts. distributes, mails, faxes, files. delivers and/or picks up materials.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Understands and complies with all store policy & procedures
- Minimum Education: High School or equivalent
- Minimum Experience: I Year
- Minimum Field of Expertise: Medical secretarial with knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software and medical terminology. Transcription experience.
- Preferred Education: Associates Degree
- Preferred Experience: 2 Years
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Prefer medical secretarial experience in a comparable
- environment to provide knowledge of operations, policies and procedures
- Answer telephones
- Balance figures
- Communicate with others to gather information
- Communicate with elderly and impatient customers
- Compose letters
- Compute totals
- Draft routine correspondence
- Edit routine documents
- Establish filing systems
- Gather data
- lnput data
- Maintain filing systems
- Read handwritten text
- Schedule appointments
- Use computer packages to prepare graphics
- Write memorandums for own signature
- Computer Network
- Personal Computer
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Occasionally required to walk.
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger. handle. or feel.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to bend, lift or climb.
- Occasionally required to lift light weights (less than 25 pounds).
- Occasionally required to lift moderate weights (25-50 pounds).
- Finger dexterity required.
- Hand coordination required.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision. distance vision, ability to adjust or focus.