The Facilities Support Team Member is responsible for the safety of the tenants and security of the building, while maintaining fiduciary responsibilities to the owner of the properties. The Facilities Support Team Member works closely with the Site Manager assigned to their property to facilitate the quick turnover of units, address work orders and ensure the continued value of the asset. This position is vital to the successful management and occupancy of the apartments. The position will require constant communications with all parties involved in the day-to-day operation of the project (s).
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, regulations of federal and state supervisory agencies, Fair Housing Law, American with Disabilities Act, OSHA, federal, state, local, and all other laws pertaining to multi-family housing and employees.
- Work with Property/Asset Manager and site staff to ensure communications, cooperation and effective teamwork in all aspects of management of the property, including, but not limited to, overall maintenance of the asset including curb appeal; protection of the health and safety of staff and residents; and participating in issues effecting tenant retention and problem solving.
- Assist Property/Asset Manager in developing and implementing plans for the property including capital improvements and preventive maintenance.
- Accurately complete and submit all required paperwork in a timely manner. Maintain all test logs as they apply to specific properties such as: lights, emergency lights, elevators, backflow preventers and sprinklers systems.
- Schedule, perform or verify completion of maintenance activities, ensuring timely and effective completion of all work including routine maintenance, preventive maintenance, and seasonal maintenance. Immediately correct unsafe conditions and respond to any and all emergencies.
- Maintain cleanliness of all common areas as directed by property manager. Clean units at turnover using manufacturer’s direction for appliances. Complete unit readiness work in a timely manner. Touch up paint or paint as needed, weed planting areas, police grounds for trash, and snow removal.
- Undertake annual and move out/in inspections of all units as assigned by Asset Manager;
- Possess knowledge of, and keep documents available regarding utility shut-offs, meter locations, sewer clean-outs, and all building systems and testing reports. Maintain a full set of as-built site plans on the property at all times.
- Share on-call duties; Respond to emergencies in evenings and on weekends when on call. Coordinate contracted services if needed. Shovel and salt walkways on weekends or as “on call” responsibility if needed. All properties have contracted snow removal, but it is the staff’s responsibility to ensure the safety of our residents and their guest and to minimize liability.
- Perform such duties as the supervisor may assign.
- Well-developed skills in the basic construction and building maintenance i.e., painting, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, janitorial services
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be customer service oriented
- Must have valid NYS driver’s license and access to transportation
- Ability to relate well with others, a team player with a positive can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to lift and carrying at least 50 pounds, climb ladders, general construction work, etc.
- Knowledge of Fair Housing Law