PROGRAM/DEPARTMENT: Economic Development Corporation
Occupancy Compliance / Rental Agents work with the Asset Manager to insure the smooth operation of their assigned properties. Responsibilities include marketing and rental of units, fulfillment of compliance obligations and interface with the tenants. This position is vital to the successful management and occupancy of the apartments. The position will require constant communications with all parties involved in the day-to-day operation of the project (s). Weekend and evening week required.
- Greet prospective tenants, screens call, show apartments and schedule appointments.
- Maintain files and records as required by supervisor.
- Complete initial certification and recertification in a timely manner.
- Respond to applicant and tenant inquiries with appropriate level of sensitivity and immediacy.
- Oversee unit inspections and turn coordination.
- Comply with all departmental and company policies and procedures.
- Assist supervisors in maintaining departmental systems, funder reporting requirements and processes.
- Process late notices, 3-day and eviction paperwork.
- Compile and report compliance paperwork as required by funders and auditors.
- Process checks for deposits and enter in to Boston Post.
- Process bills for payment.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by supervisors.
- Associate degree in Marketing, Secretarial Science or Business and/or 2 or more years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Section 8 and LIHTC compliance
- Work well independently and with others
- Customer-oriented service with poise and savvy
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity and maintain confidentiality
- Understand typical office procedures, methods and equipment; possess excellent typing and grammatical skills, and have the ability to interpret and learn rules and regulations
- Possess fluency with Microsoft Office skills (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, Access and Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of Bostonpost and QuickBooks a plus
- Must obtain Site Compliance Certification or similar accreditation
- Must be prepared to work flexible hours, as required by the property management.
- Must have valid NYS driver’s license and access to transportation
- Knowledge of Fair Housing
- Work experience in the Real Estate Affordable Housing field
- Experience supporting multiple departments or individuals
- Experience in coordinating projects
- Knowledge of Boston Post and Office 2010