Genesee Land Trust is seeking a Coordinator for the Genesee River Alliance to join its team.
This new two-year grant-funded part-time position will help build momentum for the newly formed Genesee River Alliance focused on the 13-mile section of the Genesee River in the urban environment of Rochester. This position will be based at Genesee Land Trust and help to lay the foundation for the Genesee River Alliance.
The Genesee River Alliance Coordinator will report to the Genesee Land Trust Executive Director.
Primary responsibilities: 80% of effort
- Outreach with the goal of strong neighborhood engagement: 30%.
- Engage and develop relationships with neighborhoods, organizations and City staff on behalf of the Genesee River Alliance.
- Develop a database of neighborhood groups, organizations and City staff.
- Work with staff and Alliance members to identify barriers to participation and facilitate strategies to overcome those.
- Promotion and communications around the Genesee River: 25%.
- Promote via social media, e-communications and other means on regular basis to the public about activities and efforts taking place along the River by neighborhood groups, organizations and the City.
- Promote the Genesee River as a positive asset in the community.
- Establish regular communications with Alliance participants, e.g. neighborhood groups, individual residents, organizations and City staff on a consistent schedule as a communications hub and connector.
- Coordinate communications and promotion with City’s Roc the Riverway.
- Administrative and event planning: 25%.
- Work with the Executive Director, Alliance Steering Committee and Alliance members to formalize a structure for the Alliance going forward.
- Facilitate Alliance projects and meetings.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, prepare agendas, minutes and other materials in preparation for meetings.
- Organize an annual stakeholder gathering and a number of neighborhood meetings as determined.
- Additional Responsibilities: 20% of effort
- Assist with other Genesee River Programs of Genesee Land Trust (10%).
- Provide organizational support (10%).
- Assist occasional evening or weekend events to support other Genesee Land Trust programs and staff.
- Participate in activities and trainings relevant to Genesee Land Trust and Genesee River Alliance.
- The ability to be a welcoming and helpful presence and act as a representative of Genesee Land Trust and the Genesee River Alliance.
- Comfortable working in urban, varied neighborhood environments.
- Good listener, comfortable with diverse groups and multiple partners.
- Self-starter, able to work independently as well as collaboratively with different groups to accomplish required tasks and achieve objectives.
- High level of comfort with communicating via email, phone, in person one-on-one and in a group.
- Comfortable and experience with various social media platforms.
- Detail oriented, good with tracking information and logistics.
- Able to provide own reliable transportation.
- Valid New York State Driver’s License with clean record.
- Familiar with the City of Rochester neighborhoods.
Additional experience and familiarity a plus:
- Prior experience coordinating volunteer or community leaders a plus
- Prior experience facilitating meetings a plus
- Familiarity with basic computer software and GPS/GIS technologies a plus
- Familiarity with planning concepts
- Part-time two-year position, Approximately 20 hours per week
- Genesee Land Trust office in Rochester, NY.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications will start to be reviewed May 1, 2019. Position open until filled.