Eldercare Care Managers link older adults and their informal caregivers to services and opportunities that are available within the community. Care Managers offer a holistic assessment of the client’s needs by identifying health, financial, emotional, functional and environmental concerns. Care Managers offer care options, solutions and guidance navigating challenging systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide care management to Eldersource clients.
- Accepts referrals from the Eldersource Advisors.
- Completes comprehensive in-home assessments to determine needs.
- Creates and implements care plans that meet client needs and preferences.
- Monitors care plans.
- Reassesses client needs, and revises care plans as needed.
- May provide information and referral, advocacy, benefit and entitlement counseling.
- Arranges mental health interventions for older adults and their caregivers, when necessary.
- Conducts mental health screenings when appropriate.
- Provides supportive counseling to older adults and their caregivers.
- Works in tandem with Eldersource Mental Health Specialist identifying and providing linkage to appropriate ongoing mental health community services.
- Participates as a member of the inter-agency team.
- Participates in all Eldersource staff meetings and training.
- Participates in all Lifespan staff meetings and trainings.
- Participates in Quality Assurance activities.
- Accepts and seeks guidance and clinical supervision.
- Maintains up to date professional knowledge of the geriatric field, community services entitlement benefits, clinical skills and competencies through reading, workshops and conferences.
- Is aware of and actively supports the Agency’s initiative of being collaborative and community focused, innovative and culturally competent.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION: Bachelor or Master of Social Work or equivalent degree.
EXPERIENCE: Two years in social work, with at least one-year experience in geriatrics. Bilingual preferred but not required.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to meet with clients in their homes.
- A portion of the work is performed at a desk or at a personal computer station.
- Verbal, written and telephone communication skills are required.
- Strong written and computer skills needed.
- Interface with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to maintain composure under strict deadlines and difficult situations.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural situations.
TO APPLY ONLINE: