JFS/Curtze is a 6th generation family owned company 140 years in business, is seeking highly motivated Route Delivery Drivers with CDL Class B license to work out of our Rochester, NY location. Position requires driving, lifting, stacking and the loading or unloading of product at several stops throughout the day. Home every night.
- Starting pay is $18.00 an hour and after 3 months, $18.50 an hour.
- We guarantee 40 hours per week, no lay off's in 140-year company history.
To transport and deliver products by driving a straight truck. Coordinates or works with customers, sales representatives and other JFS/Curtze Food Service personnel. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform frequent lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying of products of varying weights.
- Drive to and deliver customer orders according to a predetermined route.
- Unload products from truck and place in designated customer storage areas.
- Verify delivery of correct items with customer and obtain proper signatures.
- Collect money (cash or check) where required. Contact Accounts Receivable and/or Management for authorization concerning discrepancies on invoices and communicate all errors and returns.
- Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations including driver's logs, record of fuel purchases, mileage records and other records required by law.
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speed in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather, backing or in tight loading dock areas.
- Inspect truck for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips.
- Maintain and foster a good relationship with the customer as a representative of JFS/Curtze Food Service.
- Professional representation of JFS/Curtze Food Service through responsible driving, professional appearance and a high level of customer service.
- Promptly report any delay due to breakdown, weather or traffic conditions or other emergencies, or in the event of irregularities at a pick-up or delivery location by contacting the Director of Operations.
- Report all accidents involving driver or company equipment to the Director of Operations.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Equipment
- Must have the ability to read, write English and perform simple mathematical calculations with general mental ability to handle receipts, read maps and road signs, maintain logs, etc.
- Must have working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Must have knowledge of DOT regulations, safe driving, hours of service, inspection and maintenance, and transportation of hazardous materials.
- Must meet or exceed the medical standards of the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Must satisfactorily pass a drug test.
- Prompt and regular attendance at work.
- Professional appearance; grooming and dress consistent with desired corporate image.
Education and Experience:
- Must possess a valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License.
- Must meet MVR standards set by the company regarding any violations.
- Must be able to sit and remain alert while driving for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to shift a manual transmission and operate foot pedals.
- Must be able to perform frequent squatting to handle, position and secure product.
- Must be able to enter and exit the vehicle's cab as many as 60 times a day or more. Cab floor level is generally 45 to 48 inches above the ground level, with entry and exit achieved with the assistance of various configurations of ramps, steps and handholds; also requires frequent bending, twisting, climbing, squatting, crouching and balancing.
- Must be able to perform frequent pushing or pulling of product weighing up to 250 pounds on a dolly or cart, as well as occasional pushing or pulling of freight weighing up to 90 pounds without a mechanical aid.
- Must be able to manually lower and raise landing gear, attach and release safety chains, open and close cargo doors, climb into and off of vehicles and check engine fluid levels.
- Must be able to perform duties such as climb into the back of truck from ground level to inspect cargo, and to make sure correct load has been placed on the truck for transport.
- Vacation Time & Sick Time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medical, Dental, FSA, HSA, Voluntary Life Insurance for the family, Accident Insurance and many more company benefits!!