Klein Steel Service will be recruiting “live” on Thursday, March 21st from 2 pm – 4 pm at RochesterWorks located on 255 North Goodman Street, Rochester NY 14607.
If interested, please make sure to come in and meet Klein Steel Service recruiters in person for an opportunity to be pre-screened.
Drives a tractor-trailer to transport materials to and from specified destinations, by performing the following duties.
The team member will be trained under Supervisor’s guidance or designated representative utilizing Job Qualification Requirements
(JQR) in all assigned areas. A team member is not able to operate equipment such as cranes, forklifts and side loaders, until the applicable (JQR) is successfully completed and signed off by the Trainer and the Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Delivering metal material/products via heavy commercial vehicle.
- Pre-trip of vehicle inspection.
- Securing of load per Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Unloading of products at customer locations (will involve climbing ladders, walking on top of a vehicle, attaching chains or guiding forks and moving tarps as needed).
- Exceptional customer service.
- Tarp all loads as per Company policy.
- Verifying load against shipping papers.
- Verifying material at customer’s location.
- Ensure daily log book is filled out as required. Maintain truck log according to state and federal regulations.
- Communicating delivery problems to Distribution Manager.
- Maintain contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Prepare receipts for loads picked up.
- Reconciling truck shipping documents.
- Maintain vehicle maintenance schedule.
- Identifying potential customers.
- Calling customers regarding delivery times.
- Collecting payment for goods delivered and for delivery charges.
- Assisting in loading and unloading truck as necessary.
- Inspecting truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Must adhere to all safety rules and regulations. Attention to safety must be adhered to at all times. Unsafe practices or situations must be reported to a supervisor immediately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- At least 6 months of Class A driving experience or at least 3 years of hauling steel in a Class A vehicle.
Additional Skills and Experience:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals as well as customer supplied blue prints. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of team members of the organization. Ability to comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions and procedures.
- Good math skills are essential. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; Must have an acceptable score on the company basic math and measuring test.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carryout detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and keep up with the daily demands of production.
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations:
- Valid and clean Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job in a fast-paced environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the team member is regularly required to stand and walk.
- The team member is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The team member is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fast-paced environment and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Team member must have ability to withstand extreme hot and cold temperatures as they may occur occasionally.
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE