This skilled position involves the safe and efficient operation of concrete mixer trucks. Work will be performed in accordance with the Driver Manager’s instruction. Delivery and shift schedules will be directed and scheduled by Dispatch personnel. Shifts will often include some overtime. The Driver is responsible for the efficient working condition and cleanliness of his/her equipment. All Dolomite Group employees are expected to partner with associates and management of The Dolomite Group to coordinate, support, and actively promote our safety process. The Mixer Driver will comply with mandatory safety requirements and other functions of the team.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions):
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Safely and efficiently operate equipment and report any problems to your manager in a timely fashion.
- Pursuant to directions from Dispatch, the Driver will make the appropriate number of ready-mix concrete deliveries each day in a timely manner.
- For each delivery, the Driver will do the following:
- Get in and out of the truck cab, safely climbing 3 steps, from and to the ground or platform, for proper Pre-Trip vehicle inspection, then use a 2” hose to fill truck’s water tank(s);
- Position truck in proper loading plant/position, allowing truck to be loaded, repositioning truck to safe area, to then climb up the ladder to catwalk and rinse down truck.
- Apply safe driving techniques to transport load to jobsite. Once on the job, safely existing/dismounting truck and conducting a thorough Risk Assessment of jobsite. (G.O.A.L)
- As needed, pick up, carry, and attach chute extensions that may weigh approximately 50 pounds each, to perform delivery of concrete.
- Operate the controls to deliver the concrete. This can be done from the ground using external controls or from within the cab of the truck.
- Once the concrete is delivered, the Driver must climb up the ladder to the catwalk and thoroughly rinse down hopper, fins in barrel, drop hopper, top chute, etc.
- The Driver then climbs off of the truck and continues washing the remainder of the chutes and truck. The driver then disconnects the chutes and returns them to the rack.
- At the end of each day, the Driver cleans out the cab of truck, performing the same duties as noted above, along with rinsing off the remainder of the truck.
- The Driver is also responsible for refueling the truck at the end of each day, parking it safely, and chocking the tires. A thorough Post-Trip vehicle inspection must be completed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Dispatch or Management.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Safety and Health Policies and Procedures
- Strict adherence to Dolomite Company policies and procedures as outlined in Employee Handbook
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Dolomite Company employees
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Minimum high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required
- Operational knowledge of mixer truck and related equipment to be operated
- Valid State Commercial Drivers’ License (CDL)
- Must be able to read and understand maps.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and Dolomite representatives
- Ability to communicate effectively on the radio system and use truck tracking system
- Keep time and material records
- Ability to perform all job duties in a safe and efficient manner
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE