LONZA will be recruiting “live” on Thursday, March 21st from 2 pm – 4 pm at RochesterWorks located on 255 North Goodman Street, Rochester NY 14607.
If interested, please make sure to come in and meet LONZA recruiters in person for an opportunity to be pre-screened.
Job Description Summary:
Great opportunity for Instrumentation/Electrical Engineer! Lonza Rochester produces biocides and personal care ingredients for the hygiene, preservation and personal care markets. This site was acquired from Arch Chemicals and is the oldest continuing manufacturing facility in Rochester, NY. Lonza offers a highly competitive salary, excellent benefits and a 401K.
Provide technical support and leadership to the plant site to ensure proper installation, maintenance, design, and consistency of instrumentation, controls, and electrical power distribution. Provide support for regulatory compliance and utility systems including boiler operations, refrigeration, air compressors and high voltage transformers.
Note- Experience implementing and/or working with DELTAV systems is preferred for this position.
- Responsible for supporting the philosophy, “The Goal is Zero” in his/her job routine. Works to attain the purpose, “Zero injuries, Zero process incidents, Zero distribution incidents, and Zero environmental incidents”.
- Supports our “Product Stewardship” initiative to ensure the health, safety and environmental performance of our products throughout the products’ life cycle.
- Provides electrical (power distribution) and process control (instrumentation) engineering troubleshooting, optimization, and reliability skills to the plant site.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to apply electrical power distribution and process control engineering skills to accomplish high process on- stream factors.
- Participates in process hazard analyses in associated discipline to ensure health, safety and environmental soundness of our operations.
- Responsible for manufacturing support including process troubleshooting, optimization and cost reduction based on strong technical and economic understanding of the electrical, process control systems and chemical processes.
- Must be capable of sustaining electrical and instrumentation operability.
- Develops electrical and control instrumentation specifications.
- Plans and executes engineering and development projects (CAR’s and studies).
- Supports other engineering projects using I/E expertise and experience.
- Assists in evaluation of process changes with respect to management of change as well as maintenance and capital projects.
- Participates in the MI program, procedures, implementation and reviews.
- Develops an understanding and participation in all phases of plant operations including utilities, unit consumptions, budgeting, maintenance, outages, etc.
- Prepares capital cost estimates and evaluates project economics.
- Prepares capital appropriations requests (CAR) for approval process-capital investment.
- Develops, designs and implements control logic for DCSs, PLCs and other stand-alone controllers.
- Develops, designs and implements operator interface software for process controls.
- Implements multiple “small scale” capital projects ranging from $25M to $250M as needed including project schedule, budget, and cost control.
- Follows or assist project construction, operator training and project startups to ensure that design performance specifications are achieved.
- Performs electrical commissioning and construction packages for projects.
- Education/Work Experience: AS in Electrical Technology or equivalent and 10 years related experience OR BSEE degree or equivalent and five years related experience.
- Experience implementing and/or working with DELTAV systems is required for this position.
- Experience in programmable logic controllers or distribution control systems and operator interface software in a chemical manufacturing or process industry, 15KV and 480V power distribution equipment and process analyzers. Must have in-depth knowledge of the National Electric Code and be familiar with hazardous (classified) electrical installations.
- Budgetary: Responsible proper budgeting and on time and on cost delivery of assigned projects.
- Leadership: Exhibits proper leadership behaviors in all interactions.
- Quality: Comply with processes, procedures, instructions as needed to support all Lonza Quality systems.
- Safety: Responsible for supporting the Lonza philosophy, “The Vision is Zero” in his/her job routine. Works to attain the purpose, “Zero injuries, Zero process incidents, Zero distribution incidents, and Zero environmental incidents.”
- Experience implementing and/or working with DELTAV systems is required for this position. Must have good written and oral communication skills. Role requires “hands on” “common sense” electrical engineering skills with strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated commitment to a participative work environment. Must have a working knowledge of current Good Manufacturing.
- Practices (cGMP). Computer literacy required – Microsoft office products (word processing, database and spreadsheet applications), CAD CAN familiarity and project management tools.
- Language: Speaking, Writing, Reading Proficiency- English Fluency.
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE