Bosch Corp will be recruiting “live” on Monday, April 1st from 10 am – 12 pm at RochesterWorks located on 255 North Goodman Street, Rochester NY 14607.
If interested, please make sure to come in and meet Bosch Corp recruiters in person for an opportunity to be pre-screened.
In the role of Hardware Engineer Technical Lead, you will be involved in the design, development, testing, and team leadership for hardware applications. You will actively participate in a structured product development process, which encompasses technical requirements development; hardware and architecture design, implementation and verification; production test strategy development; and launch to mass production.
This position offers the opportunity to work in a team environment with individuals and groups located worldwide!
- Lead requirements engineering. Collaborate with internal & external customers to understand their needs.
- Accurately define and document the technical side of the project schedule with estimates and identified risks.
- Lead enhancement of the controls and module architectures alongside strategic roadmap with cutting-edge technology advancements and innovative solutions.
- Take responsibility for team’s designated hardware tasks from design through development, integration & test.
- Individually contribute to design, development, integration and test of hardware systems for security system products.
- Take initiative to test code against known usage, investigate faults/boundary conditions, and automate unit tests.
- Work in a cross-functional team environment comprised of hardware, software & test engineers, as well as Project and Product Managers.
- Foster a global and inclusive environment that engages peers in technical project and design reviews.
- Mentor, influence, and coach team members to enhance engineering skills and achieve shared goals.
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a technology-related field.
- You bring 8+ years of experience with hardware design & development, including schematic, layout, BOM & manufacturing.
- 5+ years demonstrated hardware experience for digital, analog and RF architecture fundamentals.
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience in new product development and product launch process.
- Experience in integrating hardware and software using data buses and protocols such as SPI, I2C, RS-232, USB.
- Proficiency with commonly used electrical test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers etc.
- Excellent analytical skills, including analysis of existing hardware designs and component verification.
- Proven experience with power supplies and battery-operated designs.
- Thorough understanding of product design for manufacturability, testability and cost effectiveness.
- Ability to teach best practices for the debug of hardware and execution of root cause analysis.
- Experience with unit and integration testing to include automation of test procedures.
- Work collaboratively in an organized and structured fashion; takes ownership and is self-accountable to team goals.
- Great interpersonal skills within a cross functional team; proactive approach to communication and handling conflicts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both a technical and non-technical audience.
Ideally, you also bring:
- A demonstrated software experience for real-time embedded systems written in C / C++. Experience to include embedded microcontrollers and microprocessors with operating systems.
- Knowledge of security systems concepts and products.
- Experience with tools for requirements management, issue tracking, task estimation, test results, fault tracking, etc.
- Knowledge of quality management processes for the hardware development life-cycle.
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE