Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the Accounts Payable Specialist carries out all centralized accounts payable functions in addition to other duties as required.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Accounts Payable Processing.
- Code and record invoices & check requests into the accounting system daily.
- Establish and maintain vendor files.
- Weekly check issuance including emergency situations.
- Works outside of regularly scheduled working hours when necessary.
- Assume some of the basic duties of the Accounts Receivable Specialist in their absence.
- Reviews invoices, vouchers and/or other documents for accuracy prior to recording in the A/P sub-ledger.
- Ensure proper support documentation is included with invoices prior to recording in the A/P sub-ledger.
- Employee advance reconciliations.
- Assist with the month-end closing process.
- Ability to safeguard confidential information.
- Attends staff meetings and staff functions as needed.
- Other assignments and special projects required or assigned by the CFO.
This position holds a relatively high degree of independence within the framework of the agency’s policies and procedures. The individual must be resourceful and able to display initiative and understanding of management systems and interpersonal relations.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate professionalism conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
Skills and Abilities:
- Associates Degree, Bachelors preferred in Accounting or Business Administration
- Two years’ experience in similar capacity
- Intermediate-Advanced Computer skills-MS Office, MIP Accounting Software or equivalent
- Excellent communication and written skills
- A combination of training and experience other than the specified, if judged to be adequate for the job, may be accepted.
The position does require occasional standing, squatting, lifting of up to approximately 10 lbs. And frequent sitting.
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE