St. Ann’s Community will be recruiting “live” on Monday, March 18th from 10 am – 12 pm at RochesterWorks located on 255 North Goodman Street, Rochester NY 14607.
If interested, please make sure to come in and meet St. Ann’s Community recruiters in person for an opportunity to be pre-screened.
The primary purpose of your job is to assist in the operation and maintenance of the cafeteria and/or Lily’s Bistro, proper stocking and rotation of all food supplies, ensure food safety and sanitation standards are adhered to and follow H.A.C.C.P. guidelines.
Highlights of This Role:
- Responsible for handling and preparation of high-quality food and beverage in accordance with food safety and sanitary regulations. Adheres to established H.A.C.C.P. guidelines.
- Gathers and transports prep items from main kitchen to cafe for menu needs.
- Records and documents food temperatures and cooler/freezer temperatures.
- Daily reads and reviews menu prep worksheets, leftovers and recipe set-up.
- Assists with food preparation such as chopping vegetables or meat, cleaning salad greens, cutting fruits for salad, portioning salad dressings, sauces or condiments, portioning ice cream or desserts, etc.
- Ability to work as a grill cook when scheduled.
- Responsible for portioning and plating pre-packaged food items for customers as indicated.
- Ensures all perishable food items are labeled and dated to assure freshness of product.
- Follows FIFO method when stocking.
- Uses excellent customer service skills, greets and acknowledges all customers.
- Prepares and assembles established menu items according to recipe and as requested by customer order.
- Responsible for actual amounts of food items set-up and served, inventories of all leftover food items after meal service and recording on daily worksheets.
- Responsible for food appearance, arranging, plating and service in an attractive manner using own resourcefulness and experience to improve service.
- Daily tastes all food prepared with disposable spoon for conformance to meet quality standards.
- Responsible for the daily scraping, loading and unloading of glassware, dishware, silverware, etc. into/from dish machine.
- Follows standard procedure in preparing dish machine for washing period.
- Sweeps and mops serving area floors.
- Returns soiled hotel pans, oversized pots, etc. to main kitchen pot wash area for cleaning.
- Records and documents dish machine temperatures per regulatory guidelines.
- Responsible for reporting the malfunction of equipment in the department to the supervisor, immediately.
- Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedule as outlined returning all cleaning agents and supplies to the storage area after each use. Leaves work area clean and in order at the end of each work day.
- Responsible for seeing that all items are properly rung into the register (POS) system and follows department’s cash handling policies.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum of two years of experience as a café worker in a similar, high volume retail operation.
- Previous customer service experience and excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Working knowledge of cash handling/cash register operations.
- Familiar with standard methods and a variety of cooking utensils and equipment.
- Six months' grill - top cooking experience.
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE