People Ready will be recruiting “live” on Monday, April 29th from 10 am – 12 pm at RochesterWorks located on 255 North Goodman Street, Rochester NY 14607.
If interested, please make sure to come in and meet People Ready recruiters in person for an opportunity to be pre-screened.
The smells of fresh-cooked food in the kitchen. The clang of pots, pans, and dinnerware as the anticipation of a rush puts you in the zone. You quickly take initiative to ensure the happiness of those who are dependent on you. Does this sound like a scenario that you would take pride in? Do you strive to turn your love of cooking into your career? We are now looking to hire Cooks who possess flexibility and rare dedication to the kitchen. Cooks prepare, season, and craft dishes. They may also order supplies, keep records, and plan and price menu items in addition to other responsibilities. A cook is passionate about his or her craft – making food for an event or restaurant is at the heart of this position.
- Preparing and cooking food according to recipes
- Observing and testing foods to determine if they are cooked sufficiently
- Storing food at correct temperatures in order to ensure freshness
- Utilizing blenders, cutlery, and ovens to prepare food
- Making sure area is clean and all quality and sanitation standards are met, including cold and hot storage
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum one-year experience as a cook
- Good knife skills and a deep knowledge of food preparation
- Possess a valid food handler's card or ServSafe certification - our branch will help provide this training
- Able to work all areas of the kitchen
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE