Blake Miller Lawn & Landscape will be recruiting “live” on Monday, March 25th from 10 am – 12 pm at RochesterWorks located on 255 North Goodman Street, Rochester NY 14607.
If interested, please make sure to come in and meet Blake Miller Lawn & Landscape recruiters in person for an opportunity to be pre-screened.
The landscape & lawn team member is an entry level position working with supervision. The team member is able to help out as directed with daily tasks and will constantly be learning new skills.
- Completes tasks assigned by team leader or manager.
- Helps complete landscape enhancement projects such as mulch application, plantings, top soil application, lawn seeding.
- Helps complete landscape maintenance duties, such as spring clean-ups, fall clean-ups, trimming and pruning.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including work site and equipment.
- Completes the job in the most time-efficient manner meeting the company productivity targets.
- Works as a member of the team.
- Will be trained to operate a variety of mechanical equipment including but not limited to lawn mowers, string trimmers, blowers, hedge clippers, chainsaws, etc.
- Safely operates motor vehicles such as trucks and trailer combinations.
- Occasionally interacts with clients when working on lawn services, by answering questions, responding to client requests, and ensuring the client’s satisfaction throughout the service.
- Completes any necessary paperwork including work orders, time sheets and material requisitions.
- Keeps team leader informed of any necessary issues on jobsite and broken equipment or property.
- Helps with snow removal during the winter months.
- Maintains any assigned equipment and notifies management of needed repairs.
Knowledge and Experience
- The successful individual will have a working knowledge how to be a great helper and follow instructions.
- The successful individual will have a positive attitude and the ability to learn and complete simple tasks.
- This position requires a high school degree or GED.
- Candidate must be able to read with good comprehension and write.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, math skills, job planning skills, problem solving skills and mechanical aptitude are a must.
- Valid New York State Driver’s License and insurable with company’s policy.
- Snow plowing experience is a plus.
- Physical Demands Employee is regularly required to stand; walk; crouch; stoop or kneel.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
Job Site Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather (heat or cold), and moving mechanical equipment. In addition, job sites are located on both residential and commercial property.
- The employee may also occasionally be exposed to the homeowner’s pets.
- All employees will be compensated fairly based on skill level and local competitive wages and laws.
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE