Blake Miller Lawn & Landscape will be recruiting “live” on Monday, March 25th from 10 am – 12 pm at RochesterWorks located on 255 North Goodman Street, Rochester NY 14607.
If interested, please make sure to come in and meet Blake Miller Lawn & Landscape recruiters in person for an opportunity to be pre-screened.
The lawn maintenance team member is an experienced lawn service provider working with minimal supervision. The position works as a member of the team and completes the activities with one or more team members at each job site. The lawn service team member is able to operate a variety of equipment and has a working knowledge of lawn and landscape practices.
- Completes lawn service projects such as mowing and trimming.
- Completes lawn rolling, aeration and over-seeding.
- Completes during slow times; landscape enhancement projects such as mulch application, plantings, top soil application, lawn seeding.
- Completes during slow conditions landscape maintenance duties, such as spring clean-ups, fall clean-ups, trimming and pruning.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including work site and equipment.
- Completes the job in the most time-efficient manner meeting the company productivity targets.
- Works as a member of the team when needed.
- Operates a variety of mechanical equipment including but not limited to lawn mowers, string trimmers, blowers, hedge clippers, chainsaws, etc.
- Safely operates vehicles such as trucks and trailer combinations.
- Routinely interacts with clients when working on lawn services, by answering questions, responding to client requests, and ensuring the client’s satisfaction throughout the service.
- Completes the necessary paperwork including work orders, time sheets and material requisitions.
- Briefs supervisors and makes recommendations on job status, personnel issues, or client concerns.
- Helps with snow removal during the winter months.
- Maintains assigned equipment and notifies management of needed repairs.
Knowledge and Experience:
- The successful individual will have a working knowledge of standard lawn care practices.
- The successful individual will have a working knowledge of standard horticultural practices, including but not limited to planting, pruning, corrective pruning, and fertilization.
- This position requires a high school degree or GED, plus one year’s experience in the lawn/landscaping field.
- Candidate must be able to read with good comprehension and write.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, math skills, job planning skills, problem solving skills and mechanical aptitude are a must.
- Valid New York State Driver’s License and insurable with company’s policy.
- Pesticide licenses a plus.
- Snow plowing experience is a plus.
- Physical Demands; Employee is regularly required to stand; walk; crouch; stoop or kneel.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
Job Site Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather (heat or cold), and moving mechanical equipment. In addition, job sites are located on both residential and commercial property.
- The employee may also occasionally be exposed to the homeowner’s pets.
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE