Blake Miller Lawn & Landscape will be recruiting “live” on Monday, March 25th from 10 am – 12 pm at RochesterWorks located on 255 North Goodman Street, Rochester NY 14607.
If interested, please make sure to come in and meet Blake Miller Lawn & Landscape recruiters in person for an opportunity to be pre-screened.
Landscape Construction Team Leader (Construction Focus)
The Landscape Team Leader is an experienced landscaper working with minimal supervision. The position works as a member of the team and directs the activities of the crew to complete various day to day jobs. The team leader is able to operate a variety of equipment and has a working knowledge of horticultural practices as well as the ability to communicate and help employees gain knowledge and experience.
- Coordinates and completes landscape construction projects such as hardscapes, plantings, decks, fences, pergolas and outdoor rooms. With a focus on hardscaping.
- Coordinates and completes landscape enhancement projects such as mulch installation, plantings, top soil installation, lawn seeding as needed.
- Coordinates landscape maintenance duties, such as; spring clean-ups, fall clean-ups, trimming and pruning, and lawn mowing as needed.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including work site and equipment.
- Completes the job in the most time-efficient manner meeting the company productivity targets.
- Manages a team of one or more employees, including handling personnel issues on site and training employees on policies and procedures.
- Operates a variety of mechanical equipment including but not limited to; skid steers, excavators, bulldozers, chop saws, bed edger’s, chainsaws, hedge clippers, commercial mowers, blowers, dump trailers, line trimmers, and tillers.
- Safely operates vehicles such as trucks and trailer combinations.
- Routinely interacts with clients when working on landscape enhancement projects, by answering questions, responding to client requests, and ensuring the client’s satisfaction throughout the project.
- Completes the necessary paperwork including work orders, time sheets and material requisitions.
- Plans and organizes the job, ensuring that sufficient resources and materials are available.
- Briefs supervisors and makes recommendations on job status, client concerns, or personnel issues.
- Helps with snow removal during the winter months.
- Applies chemicals under the direction of licensed applicator.
- Maintains assigned equipment and notifies management of needed repairs.
Knowledge and Experience:
- The successful individual will have a working knowledge of standard horticultural practices, including but not limited to planting, pruning, corrective pruning, and fertilization.
- This position requires a high school degree or GED, plus one year’s experience in the landscaping field.
- Candidate must be able to read with good comprehension and writing skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, math skills, job planning skills, problem solving skills and mechanical aptitude are a must.
- Experience with installation of hardscape projects – brick, block and stone.
- Experience with use of computers and operating systems will be necessary.
- Valid New York State Driver’s License and insurable with company’s policy.
- Pesticide licenses a plus, Snow plowing experience is a plus.
- Physical Demands Employee is regularly required to stand; walk; crouch; stoop or kneel.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
Job Site Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather (heat or cold), and moving mechanical equipment. In addition, job sites are located on both residential and commercial properties.
- The employee may also occasionally be exposed to the homeowner’s pets, and various insects that they may be allergic to.
- It is expected of the employee to come to work prepared to deal with the various work conditions
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE