Responsible for the clinical, fiscal and administrative management of the provision of service to a group of patients receiving home care services in his/her geographic area while promoting Patient and Family Centered Care delivery.
Patients and family members, physicians Call Center, Care Coordination Department, HHA Services/HHA Team Leaders, Administration, other Clinical Managers and specialists, other VNS Departments, and community agencies/providers.
Clinical Practice Management:
- Assumes twenty-four-hour accountability for the supervision of all PHV staff assigned to the team. Ensures that all PHV staff competencies are completed as required by regulation and that staff adhere to agency standards. Initiates quality improvements plan with staff not meeting these standards including staff compliance with all regulatory and agency documentation standards.
- Administers and directs all day-to-day operations of the assigned team. Ensures the care provided to patients assigned to her/his team meets agency and regulatory standards of quality care. Assumes twenty-four-hour accountability for, and oversight of, all care management. Monitors and evaluates patient and employee satisfaction and develops plans to meet agency goals for these measures.
- Provides leadership to ensure appropriate multidisciplinary communication, collaborative work relationships, and a customer-oriented environment responsive to the needs of all external/internal customers.
- Establishes and ensures a safe work environment for staff to prevent injuries from occurring or recurring. Ensures safe practices in delivery of care to patients and adherence to agency standards for work performance.
Clinical Business Management:
- Ensures that services provided are fiscally responsible and within the standards set by the agency and regulatory bodies. Also, that agency benchmarks are reviewed regularly, and plans developed and implemented to attain those benchmarks.
- Using data and analysis, collaborates with a multidisciplinary team for strategic planning, improving outcomes and fiscal health of the agency.
- Contributes to the agency’s marketing efforts, recognizing new opportunities and ventures as they arise, assuring viability and growth of the agency.
- Takes an active role in collaborating with admissions and case management staff on all team-based patients from referral to discharge via In-Episode Management and per communication as needed.
- Assists staff in their professional and career development, and clinical leadership through mentoring and coaching.
- Independently pursues professional and career development opportunities to keep abreast of changes and trends within the home care field.
- Establishes, coordinates and chairs team meetings for the purpose of education, agency/clinical operations communication, and multidisciplinary patient conference.
- Serves as a professional role model and mentor for staff.
- Demonstrates ICARE values and qualities in every interaction both externally and internally.
- Responsible for the Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) established by their manager.
- 1NYS licensed and currently Registered Professional Nurse or NYS Licensed Physical Therapist.
- The following combination of education, experience and/or training:
- four years’ experience in home care; and
- six credit hours, or the equivalent, of education/training in public health and principles of management.
- Master’s degree in Health Services Management or Clinical Education preferred.
- Expertise in case management of high-risk populations, and expertise in case management models and practice with the ability to incorporate new ideas and concepts into nursing practice.
- Three (3) years of demonstrated effective leadership; organizational, team building and teaching skills, and ability to anticipate and proactively prevent problems.
- Ability to work with patients, families, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills both verbal.
- Strong analytical skills to detect and analyze trends: clinical, financial, and programmatic.
- Excellent working knowledge of regulatory standards and reimbursement issues in-home care.
- Knowledge of research principles.
- Demonstrates ability to work with computers.