Provides direct patient services with a patient and family centered care environment under the direction of an RN.
Patient, Family, Hospital Staff, Physicians, Vendors, Contract Agencies, Third Party Payors, Care Delivery Team and other VNS departments.
Monday- Friday and night and holiday on-call responsibilities
- Provides safe nursing interventions to patients in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Recognizes and reports changes in a patient’s condition to the Case Manager, Clinical Manager and physician.
- Assures completion of all appropriate documentation needed for compliance with state and federal legislation and the delivery of seamless service within established timeframes and communicates with the case manager after every visit.
- Maintain continuity of the nursing care plan by reviewing the patient’s record prior to any visit and verifies patient’s plan of care (orders) and will conference with the case manager if there is any question about the patient.
- Assists the patient and family in learning appropriate self-care techniques in accordance with the established plan of care.
- Assists with personal care when deemed necessary.
- Will become proficient in advance wound care procedures and other advanced skills within their scope of practice.
- Demonstrates flexibility, enthusiasm, and willingness to cooperate and recognizes that schedules and geography may change based on the needs of the patients.
- Demonstrates current knowledge in clinical areas of practice and seeks assistance as needed.
- Demonstrates ICARE values and qualities which promote respect for patients and employees, their privacy, confidentiality, and property.
- Maintains appropriate productivity requirements consistent with the position.
- Participates in education including orientation, in-service training programs, and self-development as needed.
- Responsible for the Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) established by their manager.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- New York State Licensed LPN.
- Minimum of one-year experience as a clinical nurse in a hospital, home care, or skilled nursing facility.
- Strong interviewing, assessment and communication skills.