Qualitrol will be recruiting “live” on Thursday March 21st from 2 pm - 4 pm AND Monday, March 25th from 10 am – 12 pm at RochesterWorks located on 255 North Goodman Street, Rochester NY 14607.
If interested, please make sure to come in and meet Qualitrol recruiters in person for an opportunity to be pre-screened.
The Assembler, under moderate supervision, assembles parts to form complete units or subassemblies, using hand or power tools. He or she will be responsible to build units in one cell, as directed by Production Supervisor or Cell Lead.
- Assemble and align the different small mechano-optical modules using precision tools (e.g. microscope).
- Prepare the optical fiber.
- Play polishing, assembly and other optical fiber manipulations.
- Take product measurements.
- Inspect work to ensure quality standards being met.
- Participate in the process of continuous improvement of the products of the company.
- Perform other tasks related to production (packaging, labeling, etc.).
- Maintains work area in accordance with established housekeeping procedures to ensure a safe and clean work environment.
*Standing required to perform essential duties.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1-year experience in an assembly or lean manufacturing environment
- Manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude
- Proven, positive work experience in a team environment
- Ability to use various hand and power tools and equipment to read measuring devices
- Experience using computer keyboard
- Proven attainment of quality standards
- Process focused, experience working with on-piece work flow in daily work
- Experience working from blueprints, engineering drawings, and customer orders
- Excellent, proven attendance record
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. of material manually
- Working off shift hours are required, when needed
- Must be able to work overtime
- Plant environment.
- Lifting up to 30 lbs. manually.
- Safety glasses and safety shoes are required.
- Standing required.
- Overtime may be required.