Klein Steel Service will be recruiting “live” on Thursday, March 21st from 2 pm – 4 pm at RochesterWorks located on 255 North Goodman Street, Rochester NY 14607.
If interested, please make sure to come in and meet Klein Steel Service recruiters in person for an opportunity to be pre-screened.
Dependent on qualifications*, the Raymond Universal Operator will work in processes of material handling, packaging, loading and shipping of material, and backup machine operating, as needed, in the warehouse while adhering to all company safety rules and regulations.
*The team member will be trained under Supervisor’s guidance or designated representative utilizing Job Qualification Requirements (JQR) in all assigned areas. A team member is not able to operate equipment such as cranes, forklifts and side loaders, until the applicable (JQR) is successfully completed and signed off by the Trainer and the Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Able to perform every function within the area assigned, fills in where necessary.
- Reads and prioritizes orders based on the outfeed sequence. Proper loading of the truck is critical to quality standards.
- Deburrs and finishes parts utilizing grinders and timesaver machine and stacks, tags, and packages all products by predetermined sequence of size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Operate material handling equipment and 10- and 20-ton overhead cranes.
- Identification of material and location using knowledge of product codes, type of steel, and type of inventory.
- Verifies accuracy of outgoing material utilizing measuring devices, work orders, and pick reports.
- Verify product information, markings and dimensions (verify basic dimensions) as well as verify that the material grade matches the work order. Ensure that all administrative tasks are complete and accurate.
- Ensure that all parts/material are correctly packaged and marked as required by Klein Steel or customer standards.
- Loads trucks utilizing fork trucks, cranes, clamps, and magnets.
- Drives 18-wheeler truck in and out of warehouse to be loaded and parks the truck in proper location once load is complete.
- Consistent housekeeping of work area with focus on removing safety concerns. Keeping all material and paperwork organized.
- Stages, stacks, tags, bands and packs all products.
- Use of computer to check inventory.
- Communicate status of orders to Operations Manager and sales.
- Be willing to work overtime when necessary.
- Backup Receiving Coordinator or Line Operator, if needed.
- Must adhere to all safety rules and regulations. Attention to safety must be adhered to at all times. Unsafe practices or situations must be reported to a supervisor immediately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of all measuring tools/equipment. Previous experience with Kasto, side loaders, sheet splitters, forklifts, and cranes are preferred.
Additional Skills and Experience:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, work orders and procedure manuals.
- Good math skills are essential. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; Must have an acceptable score on the company basic math and measuring test.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Basic computer skills are required. Ability to cut material and hard reserve it in company’s computer system. Clear understanding of company’s computer system.
- Must be able to accurately complete all necessary paper work.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and keep up with the daily demands of production.
- Ability to work shift work, overtime and weekends if required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job in a fast-paced environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the team member is regularly required to stand and walk.
- The team member is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The team member is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear warning sounds such as horns, material handling equipment, and buzzers from cranes.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fast-paced environment and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Team member must have ability to withstand extreme hot and cold temperatures as they may occur occasionally.
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE