Klein Steel Service will be recruiting “live” on Thursday, March 21st from 2 pm – 4 pm at RochesterWorks located on 255 North Goodman Street, Rochester NY 14607.
If interested, please make sure to come in and meet Klein Steel Service recruiters in person for an opportunity to be pre-screened.
The machinist is responsible for performing precision machining operation by setting up, editing, and operating a computer numerical controlled (CNC) operated machines to produce high quality parts as per CKS (Certified Klein Steel) or customer driven specifications, drawings, and/or work instructions within standard production times.
The team member will be trained under Supervisor’s guidance or designated representative utilizing Job Qualification Requirements (JQR) in all assigned areas. A team member is not able to operate equipment such as cranes, forklifts and side loaders, until the applicable (JQR) is successfully completed and signed off by the Trainer and the Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input or edit the computerized machine control media.
- Must be able to fully interpret manufacturing drawings, understand tooling selection, make appropriate setups, specify tool paths, select proper tooling and understand the use of gages and measurement equipment. Must know how to do tool changes, offsets, change inserts, make jigs, selects, aligns and secures holding fixtures.
- Operate material handling equipment and 10 and 20 overhead cranes.
- Pick and pull material.
- Load/unload machine.
- Perform first piece and periodic inspections utilizing blueprints, tape measure, calipers, micrometers, and/or pin and thread gage sets.
- Correctly stack, tag and package all products as required by company or customer standards.
- Deburring of parts, as needed.
- Perform basic machine maintenance.
- Maintain housekeeping and ensure that area is clean and well organized for the oncoming shift.
- Complete all required paperwork and computer data entry.
- Participate in continuous process and performance improvement initiatives.
- Must adhere to all safety rules and regulations. Attention to safety must be adhered to at all times. Unsafe practices or situations must be reported to a supervisor immediately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Must have 6+ years’ experience operating, setting up and programming CNC machines.
- Working knowledge of all measuring tools/equipment; Previous experience with Kasto, Side loaders, Sheet splitters, Forklifts, and cranes is preferred. Related machine experience preferred, but not required. Machine specific training to be provided.
Additional Skills and Experience:
- Computer knowledge required. Must have an understanding of “G code.” AUTO CAD and Mastercam, experience a plus, but not required. Ability to cut material and hard reserve it in company’s computer system. Clear understanding of company’s computer system.
- Working knowledge of all measuring tools and equipment including but not limited to tape measure, micrometers, calipers, gage sets and squares.
- Experience with Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T) required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, work orders and procedure manuals as well as customer supplied blue prints.
- Strong Math skills -- must be able to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work shift work, overtime and weekends, if required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and keep up with the daily demands of production.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job in a fast-paced environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the team member is regularly required to stand and walk.
- The team member is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The team member is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear warning sounds such as horns, material handling equipment, and buzzers from cranes.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fast-paced environment and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Team member must have ability to withstand extreme hot and cold temperatures as they may occur occasionally.
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE