LONZA will be recruiting “live” on Thursday, March 21st from 2 pm – 4 pm at RochesterWorks located on 255 North Goodman Street, Rochester NY 14607.
If interested, please make sure to come in and meet LONZA recruiters in person for an opportunity to be pre-screened.
Job Description Summary:
Great opportunity for Maintenance Mechanic! Lonza Rochester produces biocides and personal care ingredients for the hygiene, preservation and personal care markets. This site was acquired from Arch Chemicals and is the oldest continuing manufacturing facility in Rochester, NY. Lonza offers a highly competitive salary, excellent benefits and a 401K.
To analyze and correct mechanical problems, repairs and overhaul pumps and equipment. Maintains, repairs, and rebuilds chemical plant operating equipment (pumps, exchangers, centrifuges, compressors). May install, repair and maintain all types of plant equipment, piping and utility systems associated with the operation of a Chemical Manufacturing facility.
- Responsible for implementing the Arch Chemicals philosophy, “The Goal is Zero” in his/her job routine. Works to attain the purpose, “Zero injuries, Zero process incidents, Zero distribution incidents, and Zero environmental incidents”.
- Participates in our “Product Stewardship” initiative to ensure the health, safety and environmental performance of our products throughout the products' life cycle.
- Exercises high degree of independent judgment.
- Organizes work for smooth operation.
- Requires knowledge of the methods, tools, materials, and equipment used in the construction, maintenance, repair, and operation of a chemical manufacturing facility.
- Plans details of working procedure by determining replacement needs or new material required and develops a logical approach to correct the problem.
- Rebuilds pumps, run pipes, operates forklifts and other general shop equipment.
- Fabricates parts as required, using machine and hand tools common to trade.
- May perform all kinds of welding, brazing, and cutting using gas and electric welding equipment.
- May perform mechanical duties such as dismantling, moving, repairing, and installing or repairing power shafting, pulleys, hoists, and other facility equipment.
- May perform other facility work such as snow removal, roof repairs, etc.
- Responsibility for housekeeping in the working area.
- May handle some hazardous waste material when working on piping and equipment leaks (usually contaminated insulation from pipe leaks or pump shaft seal leaks) during the normal operation of this position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Education or equivalent with completion of the New York State Apprentice Program or equivalent.
- Must have at least four years of applicable on-the-job experience and four years of applicable off the job-related instruction - journeyman level preferred.
- Requires experience in rebuilding most styles of pumps (air driven double diaphragm, positive displacement, seal-less, submersible, etc.), ability to run pipe, operate forklifts, general shop equipment experience.
- Computer literacy required.
- Must have a working knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE