LONZA will be recruiting “live” on Thursday, March 21st from 2 pm – 4 pm at RochesterWorks located on 255 North Goodman Street, Rochester NY 14607.
If interested, please make sure to come in and meet LONZA recruiters in person for an opportunity to be pre-screened.
Job Description Summary:
Great opportunity for a Chemical Operator! Lonza Rochester produces biocides and personal care ingredients for the hygiene, preservation and personal care markets. This site was acquired from Arch Chemicals and is the oldest continuing manufacturing facility in Rochester, NY. Lonza offers a highly competitive salary, excellent benefits and a 401K.
Perform chemical operation tasks such as blending, extracting, drying, distillations, effecting size reductions. May operate complete unit processes involving one or more-unit operations.
- Responsible for supporting the administration of Lonza’s philosophy, “the Vision is Zero in his/her job routine.
- Supports our “Product Stewardship” initiative to ensure the health, safety and environmental performance of our products throughout the products’ life cycle.
- Must acquire a working knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and current ISO requirements.
- May handle some hazardous chemicals and hazardous waste during the normal operation of this position.
- Reports any process or equipment problems he/she cannot resolve to shift supervisor.
- Ability to retain on the job training, computer training, safety training, tow motor and forklift training.
- Trains, certifies to, and Operates the U2 Packout, Proxel, and ZOE Processes.
- May train other employees to process on which he/she is certified.
- Responsible for maintaining cGMP standards of position in daily tasks and operations. Maintenance of data integrity at all times.
- May be required to work overtime as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- cGMP experience preferred
- Strong communication skills, self-motivated and goal oriented
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE