Mechanically inclined Machine Operator wanted for growing company in Rochester NY. This position is for someone who is looking to start a career and not just another “job”.
What is the job?
Responsible for operating, installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining production equipment.
- Review work orders to determine work priorities
- Schedules repair, maintenance, set up and installation of equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Fabricates or modifies machines / tools/ equipment to manufacture new products or improve existing products
- Accountable with other team members for team performance
- Provide emergency / unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service
- Read and interpret equipment manuals / work orders to perform maintenance service
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities
- Detect and report any unusual situations, faulty operations and defective materials
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts
- Review new product plans and discuss equipment needs and modifications with management
- Reviews production, quality control, maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities
- Willingness to serve on cross functional teams to ensure continuous, ongoing improvement of processes methods, productivity and quality while reducing costs
What you bring to the table?
- 2+ consecutive years’ experience working on powered equipment (forklift, Wav, or cherry picker)
- 2+ years machine operation and maintenance
- 2+ years’ experience in production maintenance
- Ability to pass a math assessment (add / subtract) without a calculator
- Ability to read and follow work instructions
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- Flexible Mindset– changing job assignments / business needs / continually learning
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to pass a Background Check
- Ability to pass a drug screen
What’s in it for you?
- B Shift: 3:30pm – 12:00am
- $14.00+ hour
- Full time hours
- Weekly Pay
- Temporary to hire (based on performance)
- Benefits upon hire
HOW TO APPLY:
Contact our recruiters at 585-208-1220