Reporting to the Equipment Manager, the mechanic will be responsible for performing all needed inspections and repairs on Ready Mix Trucks, On-Highway End Dump Trucks, Tractors and Trailers, and Heavy Construction Equipment in a safe, effective manner.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions):
- Analyzes malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds, and maintains equipment.
- Operates and inspects machines and equipment to diagnose defects.
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment, using hoists, as well as hand and power tools.
- Examines parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- Replaces defective engines and subassemblies, such as transmissions, electric motors, drums, seals, hydraulic pumps, valves, pistons, rods, gears, crankshafts, cylinder blocks, etc.
- Tests overhauled equipment to ensure operating efficiency (must be able to operate all equipment).
- Welds broken parts and structural members.
- Directs workers engaged in cleaning parts and assisting with assembly and disassembly of equipment.
- Performs record keeping of time and parts used on the appropriate forms.
- Plans work procedures and/or possible solutions such as part redesign, substitution of material or parts and rearrangement of parts or subassemblies.
- Performs general cleaning of work areas and maintenance areas.
- Assists other maintenance department staff in performing the duties necessary to assure the efficiency of operations of vehicles.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Two-year certificate from college or technical school. Certificate or degree in heavy equipment maintenance and repair preferred.
- Three to six months of heavy equipment maintenance experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Valid Driver’s License with satisfactory driving record is preferred. Commercial class A or B is a plus.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must possess valid DOT medical card if applicable.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as per company policy.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Safety Vest.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Adhere to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations as set forth by the US DOT.
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE