This position is responsible to conduct test to determine quality of raw materials, bulk intermediate and finished products. This work is conducted under direction of the Quality Control Supervisor by performing the following duties.
This is a seasonal, benefit eligible position.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions):
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following essential functions satisfactorily:
- Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of in process materials, raw materials, environmental samples, finish goods and stability samples
- Calibrate, validate or maintain laboratory equipment
- Compile laboratory test data and perform appropriate analyses
- Complete documentation needed to support testing procedures including data capture forms, equipment logbooks or inventory forms
- Evaluate analytical methods and procedures to determine how they might be improved
- Identify quality problems and recommend solutions
- Interpret test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits, and make recommendations on appropriateness of data for release
- Investigate or report questionable test results
- Monitor testing procedures to ensure that all tests are performed according to established item specifications, standard test methods or protocols
- Participate in out-of-specification and failure investigations and recommend corrective actions
- Perform validations or transfers of analytical methods in accordance with applicable policies or guidelines
- Prepare or review required method transfer documentation including technical transfer protocols or reports
- Receive and inspect raw materials
- Review data from contract laboratories to ensure accuracy and regulatory compliance
- Supply quality control data necessary for regulatory submissions
- Write technical reports or documentation such as deviation reports, testing protocols and trend analyses
- Coordinate testing with contract laboratories and vendors
- Develop and qualify new testing methods
- Ensure that lab cleanliness and safety standards are maintained
- Serve as a technical liaison between quality control and other departments, vendors or contractors
- Train other analysts to perform laboratory procedures and assays
- High school or GED required. Associate degree in engineering or quality preferred. 4-5 years of related experience or equivalent combination required.
- NYSDOT QC/QA Hot Mix Technician certified and/or PennDOT (NECEPT) Bituminous Plant Technician certified preferred.
- Previous experience as a Level 1 Tech or Tech in Training a plus
This position requires the employee to frequently stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, climb or balance. The employee is required to occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is required to lift and move 50 lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE