Night Warehouse Position Functions Overview:
- 2nd shift Sunday through Thursday approximately 5pm - 2am
- 3rd shift Sunday through Thursday approximately 10pm - 7am
Warehouse environment and Requirements:
- Loading and unloading product
- Will be exposed to freezer/refrigerated environment
- Requires lifting, bending and stacking of food products
- Must work well in fast-paced environment
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Under the limited supervision of the Night Warehouse Manager/Supervisor and Crew Leaders, the Night Warehouse Selector is responsible for three major functions:
- Accurate merchandise selection
- Transporting to the loading dock
- Truck loading
Must be able to apply knowledge of driving, stocking, picking and replenishing skills in maneuvering material handling equipment at varying speeds in difficult situations; such as heavy traffic, crowded conditions, wet or slippery floors, or high heights. The Night Warehouse Selector will perform a variety of functions as required to maintain optimal workflow.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive printed merchandise labels with information on item number, location and product description from Warehouse Supervisor or Crew Leader.
- Organize and review labels for manual adjustments made.
- Accurately select items from dry goods, frozen, product or equipment areas according to description on labels using electrically powered pallet-jacks which pull carts insuring proper “First In and First Out” (FIFO) procedures are followed at all times.
- Apply label to each item for easy viewing by loader, checker or delivery driver.
- Transport loaded pallets to dock area for sequential loading on trucks.
- Pick correct items for the route you are assigned.
- Weigh and record catch weight as necessary.
- Select and bag small items of produce.
- Receive printed load sheets from warehouse supervisor or crew leader with information on cubes, pieces, and number of pallets and special handling information.
- Collection of selected items for transport dock as needed.
- Loading trucks in stop order for proper unloading.
- Unload back hauls and various items from shuttle trailers.
- Fill in positions and areas as necessary.
- Receive back hauls and other late incoming freight and store properly.
- Restock returned items, mis-picked product and fill pick holes as needed.
- Preform daily inspection checks or machinery and charge batteries on machines nightly, following all appropriate safety procedures.
- Accurately records pick times and complete incentive sheets as instructed.
- Responsible for daily housekeeping tasks as assigned and cleaning as they work.
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EQUIPMENT:
- Demonstrates safe handling of equipment.
- Job entails a high degree of attention to prevent injury to others as well as company property.
- High degree of attention to pick product accurately.
- Must have the ability to read, write English, and perform simple mathematical calculations with general mental ability to handle paperwork documentation related to job duties.
- Must be able to perform basic tasks on computer terminal.
- Professional representation of the company through responsible warehousing skills, professional appearance, and supervisor customer service must be adhered to.
- Must be able to remain standing and/or walking for a minimum of eight hours per day, five days per week.
- Must be able to walk on non-forgiving surfaces such as concrete, wood, metal, and sometimes on slippery and wet surfaces.
- Must be able to bend, twist, climb, and move about easily in small places.
- Must be able to lift objects up to and including 90 pounds.
- Must be able to perform frequent pulling and pushing of products with or without the aid of material handling equipment.
- Must be able to frequently reach for and lift products at waist level, above shoulder height, or below waist level.
- Must be able to load and unload full trailers of product weighing as much as legal limits are applicable to the particular trailer.
- Must be able to work effectively in all temperature ranges and subject to ambient weather conditions.