LONZA will be recruiting “live” on Thursday, March 21st from 2 pm – 4 pm at RochesterWorks located on 255 North Goodman Street, Rochester NY 14607.
If interested, please make sure to come in and meet LONZA recruiters in person for an opportunity to be pre-screened.
Job Description Summary:
Great opportunity for Production Manager! Lonza Rochester produces biocides and personal care ingredients for the hygiene, preservation and personal care markets. This site was acquired from Arch Chemicals and is the oldest continuing manufacturing facility in Rochester, NY. Lonza offers a highly competitive salary, excellent benefits and a 401K.
Responsible for all manufacturing management activities for the Rochester plant. This includes providing leadership to a self-managed team environment, safety/environmental compliance, regulatory requirements, and budget/cost control and production results.
Responsible for supporting the Lonza philosophy, “The Vision is Zero” in his/her job routine. Works to attain the purpose, “Zero injuries, Zero process incidents, Zero distribution incidents, and Zero environmental incidents.” Accountable for Rochester Production activities to be carried out in a safe and environmentally sound manner meeting “The Vision is Zero” initiative and PSM requirements as outlined in OSHA 1910.119. Supports our “Product Stewardship” initiative to ensure the health, safety and environmental performance of our products throughout the products’ life cycle.
- Provides leadership in implementation of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Active member of the Rochester Leadership Team accountable to all goals, which include EHS, production volumes, Fixed and Variable budgets, productivity, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures that all team roles are successful, and employees are developed accordingly.
- Establishes team performance standards and goals and assures compliance of them directly or through subordinates.
- Creates a productive department through written and verbal communication.
- Projects a positive image to peers and subordinates, to the customers we serve, to the industry in which we participate, and to the Community in which we live by producing cost-efficient, quality products in a productive and safe environment.
- Responsible for process hazard analysis.
- Responsible for incident investigations in safety and environmental matters in conjunction with team leaders and staff personnel.
- Responsible for action item follow-up and closure.
- Plans, prepares, controls, monitors, and forecasts the Production department direct and/or indirect budgets.
- Coordinates needed support to the Rochester Plant areas through intra-department interface for smooth workflow and cost-efficient products.
- Business interface for the plant from a production supply point of view. This includes being the interface between the plant production supply and the business.
- PP/PI process owner.
- Makes regular safety and housekeeping inspections. Assures that your team maintains their work areas in a safe and neat condition.
- Must be an active FOCUS observer/participant. Leads and encourages team to perform observations.
- Promotes Operational Excellence techniques and philosophies throughout the plant.
- Daily interaction in the plant focusing on application of visual management and providing tangible examples of strong performance.
- Fostering and reflecting the sense of urgency created by superior management regarding adherence to EHS protocol, policy and procedures by participating in appropriate stages of NPP, SETCO, and Product
- Stewardship processes for business/process initiatives.
- Including EHS elements in all planning activities – sales, financial, manufacturing, R&D, field personnel.
- Engagement of supervisors in process.
- All other tasks as assigned by management.
- Education: BS degree in a technical field – Chemical Engineering preferred
- Work Experience: Requires 7+ years of related chemical manufacturing experience and requires at least 3+ years of supervisory experience.
- People: Responsible for direct oversight of Production supervisors and/or other employees as assigned.
- Budgetary: Plans, prepares, controls, monitors, and forecasts the Production department direct and/or indirect budgets. Coordinates needed support to the Rochester Plant areas through intra-department interface for smooth workflow and cost-efficient products.
- Leadership: Responsible for exhibiting proper leadership behaviors in interactions with direct reports, peers and all team members
- Quality: Maintenance of ISO 9000 certification for the businesses by complying with processes, procedures and instructions for all activities in which this role participates. Comply with all cGMP requirements.
- Safety: Responsible for supporting the Lonza philosophy, “The Vision is Zero” in his/her job routine. Works to attain the purpose, “Zero injuries, Zero process incidents, Zero distribution incidents, and Zero environmental incidents.”
- Skills: Knowledge and understanding of statistical problem-solving techniques and computer literacy.
- Experience working in a team-based environment and demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required in addition to the ability to prioritize and be flexible in a dynamic environment.
- Language: Speaking, Writing, Reading Proficiency- English Fluency
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE