Packaging Team Lead wanted for growing company in Rochester NY. This position is for someone who is looking to start a career and not just another “job”.
What is the job?
- Read and adhere to work instructions, (safety) procedures, and policies
- Completes forms and reports
- Match product(s) with part numbers to verify accuracy of Packing Operations
- Validate product according to customer specifications ensuring correct numbers
- Inspect wrapping on packages for conformance to company standards and carrier regulations
- Review completed orders for errors or omissions
- Set-up and operate a variety of packaging equipment according to job requirements, including:
- Shrink wrappers, Tipping machinery, Flow wrappers, bundlers and stretch wrappers
- Recommends measures to improve productivity of operators and equipment
- Maintain 5S Standards – efficiently manage items in the warehouse
- Accountable to meet individual productivity standards
- Subject Matter Expert
- Coach and train new employees
- Provide feedback of employees pertaining to performance to Operation Supervisor for reviews
- Resolve personal issues that are minor in nature and keep Operation Supervisor informed
- Promote a safe workplace ensuring through leadership that appropriate safety procedures are followed
- Willingness to serve on cross-functional teams to ensure continuous, ongoing improvement of processes, methods, productivity and quality, while reducing costs
- Flexible for changing business – provide support and leadership in 4 or more departments including: Co-mingled, Fulfillment, Shipping & Receiving and quality
What you bring to the table?
- 3+ years’ experience working in a warehouse and/or fulfillment center
- 3+ years Leadership experience
- 2+ years Forklift experience (Drexel preferred++)
- Ability to pass a math assessment (add / subtract) without a calculator
- Ability to read and follow work instructions
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- Flexible – changing job assignments / business needs / continually learning
- High School Diploma or GED (Associates Degree Preferred)
- Ability to pass a Background Check
- Ability to pass a drug screen
What’s in it for you?
- B Shift: 3:30pm – 12:00am
- $14.30 hour
- Full time hours
- Weekly Pay
- Temporary to hire (based on performance)
- Benefits upon hire
HOW TO APPLY:
Contact our recruiters at 585-208-1220