Summary of Responsibilities:
Performs daily, weekly and monthly tasks to ensure the environmental health and safety of assigned agency facilities. Completes record keeping functions, monitors and assists Custodial Service Supervisor with inventory and supplies. In addition, assist supervision of maintaining facility compliance with all pertinent standards and regulations.
Qualifications/Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma required.
- Minimum of three (3 years’) work experience in janitorial/custodial maintenance, environmental health and/ or safety position is required.
- Knowledge of custodial maintenance and personal safety standards preferred; familiarity with OSHA guidelines and certification in general maintenance and/or related safety areas is extremely helpful.
- Requires satisfactory verbal and written communication skills; Strong ability to follow and respond satisfactorily to detailed instructions/directives, both oral and written; must have good interpersonal and customer relations skills; ability to work with diverse individuals, groups & staff at all organizational levels both internal/external.
- Requires strong demonstrated knowledge of custodial practices, procedures and equipment; Demonstrated knowledge of proper safety precautions for usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies used in custodial work; Demonstrated knowledge of methods and techniques for proper storing of equipment, materials and supplies.
- Requires direct cleaning/maintenance ability and experience at comparable organizations/facilities; Must have demonstrated knowledge and experience of proper methods, techniques, on using materials, tools and equipment used in modern custodial/maintenance work; Ability to use cleaning materials, equipment and methods safely, efficiently and according to pre-determined standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning and maintenance methods and equipment used for care of floors/stairs, carpets, furniture, walls and building fixtures is required.
- Knowledge and ability to perform both internal & external general maintenance & sanitation duties required; requires experience in maintaining external environments including grounds keeping, landscaping, walk-ways, parking lots, etc.; ability to perform minor repairs including, painting, changing lightbulbs, furniture assembly, wall repairs, etc.
- Ability to perform heavy manual lifting; and requires ability to move and lift heavy objects- fifty pounds.
- Ability to work scheduled hours; flexibility to work overtime/ varying hours and shifts as assigned. Note: HS Summer Project Work normally begins in June and ends in September. Start time is 4:00pm unless otherwise told.
- Bi-lingual capabilities English/Spanish is a plus.
- Must have a valid NYS Driver’s License and have access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass P.E. and State Central Registry Clearance; Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test and physical.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply Online: CLICK HERE