The position of Director of Sales is responsible for all aspects of the sales operations of the Station. The Director of Sales will monitor and control sales efforts to maximize the inventory and revenue opportunities for the station and be part of a dynamic station management team.
- Develop short and long-term sales strategies to ensure effective client services and achievement of maximum sales and digital sales revenues.
- Monitor and modify sales strategies to ensure viability in the constantly changing marketplace.
- Effectively lead, develop, train, cross-train and motivate the sales and support staff.
- Organize sales department and develop sales procedures, including sales contract forms, commission/incentive, and pricing/inventory procedures that garner maximum revenue in current market conditions.
- Develop creative and special concepts, promotions and programs to maximize revenue.
- Establish individual annual sales goals for team members, with quarterly benchmarks.
- Manage major sales presentations and client relationships to aid in the business close and/or visibility in the market.
- Provide continual flow of station and community information to all AE 's, sales representatives, and national agencies.
- Provide input to the General Manager regarding programming decisions related to sales performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of (6) years sales experience with at least (4) years sales management experience within a broadcast environment.
- Proven ability to work effectively with management to establish acceptable sales budgets; meet revenue goals and objectives as a result of an effectively coordinated, organized and well-executed sales team effort.
- Proven ability to develop systems procedures to regularly monitor and evaluate progress.
- Proven ability to coach supervise staff, including-but not limited to, organizing, delegating, training, interviewing and motivating others to produce at their maximum potential.
- Knowledge and success with NTR, with emphasis on vendor programs.
- Proven ability to monitor modify current sales strategies to insure viability in a constantly changing marketplace.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of marketing research for direct selling and ability to train others in its use.
- The ability to work on short deadlines and in pressure situations.
- Must be goal-oriented with a strong focus on business performance.
- Project desired company image with respect to dress and demeanor.
- Must have a safe driving history as determined by the Company. Driving record will be checked.
- Physical requirements: Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
TO APPLY ONLINE: CLICK HERE