Position/Title: Morning Feature Reporter
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WHAM / WUHF, in Rochester, NY, has an opening for a Morning Feature Reporter. The Morning Feature Reporter will produce multiple live feature/lifestyles segments on the station’s morning newscasts and other newscasts as needed. This reporter is expected to generate feature segment ideas daily, coordinating with the executive producer and producers on topics and logistics. The feature reporter will also take part in special project productions and may be called upon to cover general assignment stories as needed.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Closing Date: 4/8/2019
- Must be able to shoot with an HD video camera and edit video using non-linear video editing equipment under deadline pressure
- The ability to conduct effective interviews and gather information
- Write stories under deadline pressure and appear on camera—both live and recorded
- Must be able to write stories for the station web sites in addition to posting to station social media sites like Facebook and Twitter
Hours: Must be available to work all shifts including early mornings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
- Working knowledge of television news photography and technology
- A minimum of two years’ (2) years of experience is preferred, including prior news reporting
- Creativity, resourcefulness, and strong organizational skills are desired
- The ability to work well with others is a must, along with a positive can-do attitude
- Industry knowledge is a plus
- A college degree with an emphasis in broadcast communications or journalism is preferred
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- A valid driver’s license
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online ate http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/