Website Advantech Industries
Advantech Industries Inc. is a contract manufacturer providing sheet metal and precision CNC machined parts. We are looking to immediately fill a CNC Mill Set-Up Operator position. Eligible candidates must have a High School Diploma/GED and 5 years’ experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets up CNC milling machines and observes machine operation to verify accuracy of machine settings and to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometer and caliper.
- Sets up and controls operation of computerized deburring and tooling machine to perform series of machining operations, such as drilling, chamfering, and deburring.
- Inspects “first part”, and inspects work pieces throughout the production run for out-of-tolerance machining.
- Knowledge of G-Code preferred.
- Experience with Fanuc controls and/or Mazatrol preferred.
- Clean machine and work area.
- Provide aid and guidance to machine operators with less experience or skill.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- With limited supervision and quality work ethic, functions as a member of a customer-driven quality team whose goal is to ensure that product quality requirements established by the customer have been achieved
- Holds oneself accountable for doing whatever is needed to meet the commitments made around project outcomes
- Maintains adequate levels of performance and motivation despite job tasks that are routine, repetitive, and/or non-stimulating
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directives
- Ability to work well under pressure, to adhere to deadlines and the ability to be flexible
- Thorough operational knowledge and skills of specific CNC mills and lathes to be operated with the ability to calculate and set machine controls either manually or by entering commands
- Ability to operate assigned equipment safely and efficiently
- Ability to keep record of time spent and material used
- Ability to use precision measuring tools and equipment, read drawings and blueprints, and be familiar with common machine and measuring tools, including micrometers and calipers
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
Vacation, Personal Days, Holidays, Health, Dental, Vision and 401(k) Plan.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening.
Advantech Industries is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human Resources.
To apply for this job please visit www.advantechindustries.com.