Website Advantech Industries
Advantech Industries Inc. is a contract manufacturer providing sheet metal and precision CNC machined parts. We are looking to immediately fill a CNC Set-Up Operator position. Eligible candidates must have a High School Diploma/GED and 5 years experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets up machine and observes machine operation to verify accuracy of machine settings and to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, using precision measuring instruments such as micrometer and caliper.
- Sets up and controls operation of computerized deburring and tooling machine to perform series of machining operations, such as drilling, chamfering, and deburring.
- Inspects “first part”, and inspects work pieces throughout the production run for out-of-tolerance machining.
- Clean machine and work area.
- Provide aid and guidance to machine operators with less experience or skill.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- With limited supervision and quality work ethic, functions as a member of a customer-driven quality team whose goal is to ensure that product quality requirements established by the customer have been achieved
- Holds oneself accountable for doing whatever is needed to meet the commitments made around project outcomes
- Maintains adequate levels of performance and motivation despite job tasks that are routine, repetitive, and/or non-stimulating
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directives
- Ability to work well under pressure, to adhere to deadlines and the ability to be flexible
- Thorough operational knowledge and skills of specific CNC mills and lathes to be operated with the ability to calculate and set machine controls either manually or by entering commands
- Ability to operate assigned equipment safely and efficiently
- Ability to keep record of time spent and material used
- Ability to use precision measuring tools and equipment, read drawings and blueprints, and be familiar with common machine and measuring tools, including micrometers and calipers
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Vacation, Personal Days, Holidays, Health, Dental, Vision and 401(k) Plan.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening.
To apply for this job please visit www.advantechindustries.com.