Billing Automation Engineer
MediSked, LLC is a growing software firm, headquartered in Rochester, NY. MediSked is the leading brand in holistic solutions that improve lives, drive efficiencies and generate innovations for human service organizations that support our community. Because our clients are in the selfless business of making the lives of those they serve as fulfilling as possible, our company is comprised of passionate and proactive people looking to make a difference. We are searching for smart, motivated individuals to join our team that can thrive in a tech business setting but also have a compassionate side that connects to our customers and culture.
The Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Automation Engineer is responsible for automating and operating key back-end processes, especially the generation, submission, retrieval and reconciling of multi-million-dollar HIPAA EDI billing claim files. The majority of MediSked’s clients are reliant on MediSked, and the automation solution, to ensure the timely submission of their claims. MediSked LLC’s ability to transmit claims electronically to its client’s payers are a key feature in making MediSked the leading brand of holistic solutions for our clients. The EDI Automation Engineer is a detail-oriented individual who enjoys closely scrutinizing routine operational tasks to ensure that they’re running properly and digging in to identify and quickly resolve sources of failure when they are not, as well as someone who can have an develop and improve upon the existing automation solution.
- Client Focus: MediSked employees put themselves in the shoes of the client when evaluating client requests, demonstrating on a daily basis that we are dedicated experts (both in technology and the HCBS space) committed to the same goals as our clients.
- Ownership: Regardless of their level in the org chart, MediSked employees take ownership of items that come across their desk, seeing that they are brought to fruitful and effective completion, including working across teams and orgs to ensure that all steps required to bring items to closure are completed. Responsibility doesn’t end with a handoff to another person, team or organization.
- Industry Knowledge: We build and maintain a level of expertise in the home and community based services (HCBS) space as required to speak credibly to customers and to design and deliver software that meets and exceeds the unique needs of this industry.
- Teamwork: Even though we have distinct, specialized teams, we work at all levels of the org chart as a one MediSked to complete deliverables and meet customer commitments. We strive for win-win-win resolutions to all difference of opinion between teams.
- Efficiency: Work across teams – especially when handoffs are required between teams – is done expeditiously and effectively, without dropping the baton. Controls and metrics are in place to catch missed handoffs and measure the efficiency of cross-team collaboration
- Create, monitor, operate and maintain tools using Ruby, Watir, and REST services to automate routine back-end business processes and transactions, particularly generating and submitting and/or retrieving and reconciling ANSI X12 HIPAA EDI (835, 837, 999, 270, 271) transaction sets.
- Tune monitoring to reduce noise and increase visibility to legitimate issues with automation.
- Respond to alerts and service requests in a timely manner, investigating and resolving failures so that mission-critical, multi-million-dollar billing claims are posted, reconciled and paid completely and reliably, including, but not limited to, manually re-submitting and editing files and performing updates to databases or through the application front-end.
- Provide regular compliance, executive and customer reporting on the health and status of billing automation solution.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Experience with Ruby is a must, and experience with Mirth Connect is a plus
- Prior experience with the HIPAA EDI X12 transaction sets is preferred. Demonstrated prior success in ramping up on similar standards is a must.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and ability to multitask with minimal supervision
- Passion for automating routine, repetitive business-critical tasks
- Competency with Microsoft T-SQL with experience doing select statements with complex joins
- Experience with automation tools (Watir/Selenium, VisualCron) is a plus.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Able to perform in situations where the initial objectives are unclear
- Able to problem-solve independently with an ability to develop new processes for operations and automation
- Excellent verbal/written communication and be able to communicate information to a variety of groups at different technical skill levels
- Ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing, team-based environment
- Able to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail are required
- Familiarity with database applications and general computer knowledge, demonstrated experience with Microsoft Windows Server, IIS and SQL Server, as well as classic ASP is preferred
- Homecare and human service background is a plus
- Shift hours start as 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Eastern
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.