Manufacuturing / Thermoforming Company
A small Henrietta-based manufacturing company is seeking an experienced, dependable Buyer/Planner to join the team.
This position will coordinate and expedite the procurement of components and materials to ensure production requirements.
- Coordinate the delivery of materials to meet customer requirements
- Purchase necessary components required for customer orders and all departmental needs
- Manage and maintain all MSDS Sheets for all materials within the MSDS log.
- Management and verification of physical inventory as required with warehouse personnel
- Responsible for the review of material costs of existing jobs as customer orders are placed.
- Select vendors which provide highest quality of product and service at the best price
- Review of material costs of existing jobs as customer orders are placed
- Responsible for vendor relations, selection, and audits as required
- Responsible for entering customer orders into the Peachtree
- Quality document responsibilities
- Report to Manufacturing on Warehouse duties.
- Communicate with Customer Service as to the status of incoming materials.
- Expedites purchases as needed to required due date.
- Provides completed Schedule Card for scheduling in production.
- Communicate with Manufacturing as to the receipt of materials.
- Responsible for production plans for multiple releases and special situations.
- Obtain and maintain Material Certifications from suppliers when required.
- Responsible for blanket order management in terms of raw materials, finished goods and work orders.
- Provide reports to Management as required.
- Verify Peachtree data for Accounting to perform a “closing” of each month.
- Coordinate the sale and/or return of regrinds and scrap materials.
- Assist in answering phones and general office duties as needed.
- This position will be responsible to continually perform operations in a safe manner.
- Must have a flexible work schedule including extended days and/or weekends.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Effective negotiating skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with little supervision
- Accounting skills required
- PC skills required including Peachtree, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be highly organized
- Effective professional communication is essential
Physical Requirements: Occasional lifting; up to 50 lbs.
Educational Requirement: High School Diploma
Full-Time / Exempt
Benefits Include Medical, Dental, 401k, Life Insurance, and vacation time.
To apply, please submit a resume and salary requirements to: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=buyerplanner&jk=df59b1b114354af9&_ga=2.201618257.1590652909.1541419454-231441886.1535023916
**NO Phone Calls, Please**
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.