UR Medicine Home Care
FUNCTION: Supervises the planning and scheduling for Certified Agency staff to ensure patient visits are covered in accordance with Service Order request. Assures scheduling department is covered appropriately 24/7. Provides excellent customer service to patients and visiting staff.
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, CHHA Services
HOURS: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm; hours may be flexible including afterhours and weekends
RELATIONSHIPS: Visiting staff, patients, families, other support departments and contract agencies as needed.
SUPERVISES/COACHES: Care Team Coordinators (CTC)
- Supervises CTC staff in collaboration with Senior Director
- Ensures staff performance evaluations are completed.
- Clearly communicates standards and expectations, holding staff accountable for performance in accordance with agency values and job expectations.
- Addresses performance issues and initiates developmental plans as needed.
- Conducts job specific training.
- Demonstrates employee recognition through verbal and written communication.
- Responsible to ensure CTC’s timely and accurate completion of all documentation.
- Ensures Service Orders and Recertifications:
- are generated twice daily.
- patient visit schedules are completed according to service orders and recertifications.
- CTCs are communicating with CHHA field staff to ensure service order accuracy.
- Utilizes reports to ensure CHHA Field Staff are scheduled to maximum productivity by Monitoring daily reports and schedules
- Demonstrates URMHC ICARE values and behaviors. Promotes positive, supportive, respectful communication to all.
- Maintains patient and staff privacy and confidentiality at all times according to established policy and procedures.
- Utilizes resources, supplies and time efficiently in order to contain costs and increase work process efficiencies. Pursues efforts to reduce/eliminate avoidable costs and errors.
- Assigns CTC’s, in collaboration with Senior Director, to geographic team assignments.
- Creates and maintains weekly schedules for CTC’s.
- Plans and directs training for new CTC’s.
- Coordinates with Clinical Education the precepting and orientation schedules for new CHHA Field Staff.
- Responsible for the Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) established by their manager.
- Associate’s Degree required or higher
- Two years home care or other medical office experience for scheduling professional staff
- Two years of Supervisory experience in a health care setting required
- Two Years of Supervisory Experience in Home Care Scheduling preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent customer service skills
- Word processing and basic computer skills (Microsoft Office and Outlook Calendaring)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good organizational, communication and problem solving skills
To apply for this job please visit urmhomecare.org.