Career Services Advisor will work intensively with clients and determine their employability and schedule them for required work activities, as well as manage weekly hours. This is collaboration between RochesterWorks! and another large employer in our area.
- Meet with clients individually and through outlined questioning determine appropriate work activities (ex. educational training, vocational education, job readiness training, and/or work experience programs) depending on case type and requirements.
- Quickly develop rapport with customers so that the assessment can run smoothly.
- Able to take a gentle yet firm approach to dealing with customers one on one.
- Complete an employability assessment within one hour.
- Schedule appropriate work activities by accurately creating referrals and recording detailed notes at the end of the assessment.
- Prepare necessary paperwork and explain weekly requirements to the client, prior to having them sign their employment plan.
- Form assessment packets, by organizing paperwork, making appropriate copies and submitting for review by the end of the day.
- Update attendance for work experience interns weekly.
- Analyze and review hours that have been entered in the RochesterWorks timecard system (CATS).
- Facilitate assessment orientation weekly.
- Other duties and special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with two years related experience OR Associate’s degree with four years’ experience in a related field.
- Typing speed of 30 to 50 WPM
- Must have experience and comfort with entering data into computer systems
- Must have knowledge of community services
- Experience in working with diverse populations in a fast paced environment
- Develop effective working relationships and work well as part of a team to achieve organizational goals
- Must be flexible to adjust daily responsibilities as needed
- Excellent time management skills and ability to complete paperwork and data maintenance on a timely basis
- Must be able to take a creative approach to dealing with and motivating customers
- Must always maintain professionalism
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient in MS Office and related software
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. This position may require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Additionally, must be able to walk from the parking area to the Career Center in all weather conditions. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. This position may include lifting up to 10 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org