StoreSMART is an industry leader in the design and development of vinyl/plastic business solutions to Store, Organize, File, Display and Distribute at home, the office and manufacturing. We market our products to Automotive, Aerospace, Government, Schools, Hospitals and all businesses through our StoreSMART catalog and our web site, StoreSMART.com.
*** Please note: This is for Rochester Area Residents Only — We will not relocate. Thank you.
We pride ourselves in being family-owned and operated for over 45 years, and having most of our products made in the USA. Our office is open Family Friendly Hours: 8:00 to 5:00, – No nights or weekends.
We are seeking a dynamic leader capable of taking us to the next level. The roll of a General Manager/Operations Leader is to manage the day to day productivity by planning and leading our growing company’s ongoing operations, procedures and production.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Leads a team of 15-20 people to enhance and improve performance in quality, productivity, efficiency and profitability of operations through effective methods and strategies.
- Demonstrate problem solving and trouble shooting skills to ensure that all employees can identify root causes and take effective action to resolve the problems.
- Promote teamwork and workforce development, build strong relationships through employee engagement.
- Creates a work environment in which employees’ commitment to their organization and feel pride and job ownership.
- Responsible for staff management, training process, development including assigning and directing work, appraising performance, hiring, training and retention, disciplining, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manage infrastructure (systems, hardware, software, building) for optimum performance.
- Have an active role in the company’s continuous improvement plan to achieve plans for future growth within the company.
- Report directly to and work closely with the owners to implement vision/growth strategies.
- Revise and modify operational methods and processes by determining changes in materials, equipment, and procedures. Develops and establishes departmental standards and practices
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field—Supply Chain, Logistics, Project Management, Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in operational management in supply chain, wholesale, distribution and/or logistics preferred.
- Knowledge in web/online ordering system and Lean Management principles.
- Experience in leading and directing a team with a demonstrated ability to resolve conflict internally, with suppliers and customers.
- Experience with P&L review to use them to improve profitability.
- Ability to manage inventory and able to forecast.
- Strong leadership, highly self-motivated, and must have an excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Detail, systems and process-oriented with strong analytical skills for risk identification and management.
- Ability to adapt and change processes to keep pace with the evolving business requirements to achieve goals.
- Possess high professional ethics, dependability, good judgment and ability to make decisive actions.
- Candidate must reside in the Rochester Area
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Leadership experience do you have?
- How many years of Lean Six Sigma experience do you have?
- How many years of Operations Management experience do you have?
- How many years of Project Management experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you in Rochester, NY?
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.