Website Action for a Better Community
- Program: Head Start
- Location: To be determined
- Position: Child Care Assistant
- Hours: 30 hours/week, 44 Weeks/year
- Salary Range: $11.61 – $12.23 per hour
- Salary Grade: 16
Summary of Responsibilities:
To provide assistance at Head Start centers in caring for young children, including implementing goals and objectives of performance standards and helping to provide a safe, healthy environment that is developmentally, linguistically and culturally appropriate.
Qualifications/Education and Experience:
- Requires the ability to monitor, provide guidance to, and care for young children.
- Requires attention to detail; and good organizational, reading, and oral communication skills.
- Requires the health and physical capability to work in a typical classroom environment, including sanitizing duties, lifting children, weighing up to 40 lbs., reaching, climbing, bending and sitting on the floor with children; also going outdoors with children.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Prior experience is not mandatory; however, some prior background in working with infants and toddlers is desirable.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation.
- Must be able to pass the biannual physical exam.
- All employees of ABC Early Childhood Services Division must receive and maintain a full clearance from the Justice Center of New York and the Office of Children and Family Services that allows them unsupervised contact with children. Any prospective or current employee who has an indication of child abuse maltreatment or neglect, or who cannot be left unsupervised with children, will not be hired or retained.
- ****This position is subject to the collective bargaining agreement****
The above description covers the principle functions of the job. It is not intended to be a complete listing of all the miscellaneous incidental or substantially similar duties, which may be assigned during normal or emergency operations.
Please Forward Resumes/Applications to:
- Human Resources Department
- Action for a Better Community, Inc.
- 550 E. Main Street
- Rochester, New York 14604
- Online: https://talenthire.ceipal.com/Jobs/career/3295c76acbf4caaed33c36b1b5fc2cb1
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 585-797-1505
- (585) 325-5116
Deadline for Resumes/Application Open until filled
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org