Housing Options Made Easy, Inc.
The Peer Bridger engages referred individuals and coordinates activities to form trust-based relationships that foster hope for positive change and personal empowerment leading to successful integration back into the community.
- Maintain own personal wellness.
- Initiate and maintain regular communications/meetings with referred individuals nearing discharge from Buffalo Psychiatric Center. May provide assistance to referred individuals that are granted access to visit certain locations within the community that are meaningful to him/her.
- Assists referred individuals to post discharge to identify and engage in a range of community-based support groups/efforts.
- Travel to numerous locations to engage members or to support the recovery of the individuals that we work with.
- Interprets requests and helps implement action, as well as decides whether the project coordinator/directors should be notified of important or emergency matters, as needed. In absence of their supervisor, ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff member.
- Handles a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the daily interactions with peers. This includes hosting meetings, coordinating activities and resolving conflicts.
- Facilitates weekly peer support group meetings in the hospital and /or community.
- Attends trainings as required and assigned by supervisor.
- Prepares and maintains detailed written record of activities to meet documentation and reporting requirements for Housing Options projects.
- Reports to and meets with supervisor on a regular basis. Attends trainings as required and assigned by supervisor.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.