Coordinated Care Services, Inc (CCSI) / HHUNY
ABOUT THE POSITION: The Health Homes Data Analyst will support the work of Health Homes of Upstate New York (HHUNY) by performing daily file processing, data gathering, developing reporting structures, and analyzing the data to provide business intelligence and process improvements. The position will also work on projects as specified by the Data Team Lead to fulfill contracted obligations, ad hoc reporting and streamline existing HHUNY procedures using available software packages.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide daily reports to the Gap-in-Care (GIC) Closure Specialist with data from NY state healthcare IT systems PSYCKES and MAPP; and Monroe County healthcare IT system RHIO ADT Alerts.
- Perform daily file processing – syncing HHUNY’s electronic health record (EHR) with Department of Health (DOH) data systems.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Frames issues for analysis, interprets data, and communicates key findings clearly
- Identify and define new process improvement opportunities through the application of data structures.
- Develops user-friendly graphs, tables, charts, etc. to support presentation of information to HHUNY staff, customers, and other stakeholders using business intelligence tools.
- Applies quality/process improvement framework to data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Develop automation when applicable to reduce manual efforts and streamline efficiencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, or Information Systems preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience accepted. 2-3 years of professional experience in healthcare IT systems required.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development and data mining.
- Experience with developing databases in MS SQL 2016 and MS Access required; Tableau and calling APIs preferred.
- Experience with EHR systems; PSYCKES and MAPP experience a plus.
- Experience using Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of information systems design and configurations preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and written) in a variety of settings: with individuals; small and large groups; and among diverse styles and position levels.
- Ability to partner/work collaboratively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives and get work done. Demonstrates the ability to gain trust and support of others.
- Demonstrated personal commitment toward continuous improvement through both independent learning and growth as well as maximizing developmental resources and learning opportunities.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems both independently and collaboratively and is flexible in trying new solutions.
- Looks for the broadest possible view of an issue or challenge. Partners with others that have different perspectives, backgrounds and experiences. Fosters a feeling of belonging and strong team morale.
- Recognizes and values diversity within the work environment.
- Participates as a member of the team in valuing individual differences and supporting one another’s opportunity to achieve their greatest potential.
- Culturally responsive to the population being served in the development, design, monitoring, evaluation and/or implementation of programs and services.
- Respects the confidential nature of certain information exposed to during work.
Operating Principles and Demonstrated Behaviors:
Ability to demonstrate, understand and apply our workplace values through behaviors and actions. These operating principles are expected of all employees in all roles. All applicants (internal and external) must evidence their attitudes/behaviors as part of the application process:
- Excellence in Customer Service
- Honoring People and Their Work
- Individualized Work/Life Integration
- Community Connectedness
- Diversity & Inclusion
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.