Position Summary: Reporting to the Director of Sales, this position is responsible for leading digital sales revenue goals, developing and selling digital and non-spot cross platform marketing campaigns for WHEC-TV. Directs a team of well-trained, digitally savvy Account Executives ensuring that revenue retention, news business development and products and services are in a continuous state of growth. We have a diverse, family-friendly team and our company is family owned!
• A four-year degree is preferred.
• A minimum of four years of sales experience is required, preferably in an internet/digital environment.
• Proven track record for achieving and exceeding sales budgets.
• Maintain, regular predictable attendance.’
• Must have a valid driver’s license and safe driving history as determined by the Company. Driving record will be checked.
• Strong leadership abilities to lead an effective team to desired outcomes.
• Must be a creative and strategic thinker.
• Superior Internet/Digital product knowledge.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills including Power point, Excel and Word.
• Highly organized and process-driven. Good communication skills required (verbal and written). Ability to share vision and gain buy-in (build loyalty). Ability to achieve goals through their team.
• Must be adept at learning systems to pull reports needed to ensure proper pacing of their team.
• Must be able to identify and diagnose issues to ensure achievement of goals.
• Develops a work environment that motivates and maintains a high level of employee performance and morale.
• Works with Director of Sales, Local Sales Manager and Digital Content Manager to develop short and long term interactive sales strategies and vision by analyzing data and trends.
• Meet and exceed revenue targets by acquiring and retaining customers. Ability to report sales metrics. Ability to price and manage inventory on a variety of platforms.
• Accountable for the process and product management of sales people including establishing and measuring sales goals, providing performance feedback, coaching and regular training. Lead weekly digital sales meetings.
• Develop & strategically execute a plan, identifying target markets/verticals through the local market using a variety of digital advertising and social platforms.
• Act as primary negotiator for the station on all digital business; review key sales proposals in advance to ensure client goals are achieved in a manner consistent with station guidelines.
• Over site in Digital Traffic and Digital Reporting.
• Develop/strengthen business relationships with key station vendors.
• Meet extensively with clients to develop/strengthen business relationships; drive client retention. Conduct regular reviews to ensure campaign pacing and forecasting.
• Consults with other Hubbard Broadcasting Digital Sales Managers.
• Representing News10NBC/191 Interactive brand in the local market through business networking, community involvement & connections with our customers.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
To apply for this job please visit www.whec.com.