Website Action for a Better Community
- Program: Head Start
- Location: To be determined
- Position: Education/Disability Specialist
- Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk, 52 wks/yr
- Salary Range: $24.87
- Salary Grade: 9
Summary of Responsibilities:
To coordinate the educational goals and objectives of the Head Start Performance Standards and Office of Children and Family Services regulations; to provide educational leadership to teachers and coordinate the identification of and provision of services to children with suspected and diagnosed disabilities and their families. To plan, develop, monitor curriculum implementation and supervise center education staff.
Qualifications/Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education with NYS certification in Early Childhood required
- Three to five years teaching in the field of Early Childhood Education; two years supervising classroom teachers, and one year working with low-income families.
- Experience with Infants and Toddlers
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices and current theories in Early Childhood Education
- Knowledge of special education laws and regulations.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer.
- Requires ability to deal with people at all organization levels; good administrative, interpersonal, training, organizational, planning and oral and written communication skills; and an aptitude for directing and motivating people.
- Requires the health and physical capability to work in an office or classroom environment and to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must possess and maintain a valid NYS driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation
All employees of ABC Early Childhood Services Division must receive and maintain a full clearance from the Justice Center of New York and the Office of Children and Family Services that allows them unsupervised contact with children. Any prospective or current employee who has an indication of child abuse maltreatment or neglect, or who cannot be left unsupervised with children, will not be hired or retained.
The above description covers the principle functions of the job. It is not intended to be a complete listing of all the miscellaneous incidental or substantially similar duties, which may be assigned during normal or emergency operations.
Please Forward Resumes/Applications to:
- Human Resources Department
- Action for a Better Community, Inc.
- 550 E. Main Street
- Rochester, New York 14604
- (585) 325-5116
- Apply Online: https://talenthire.ceipal.com/Jobs/career/3295c76acbf4caaed33c36b1b5fc2cb1
- Email: email@example.com
Deadline for Application Submission: Open Until Filled
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org