Website Catholic Family Center
Catholic Family Center is seeking a full time Eldersource Care Manager in our Aging & Adult department.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (35 hours per week)
Pay rate: $18 – $18.50/hr DOE
Under general supervision, the Eldersource Care Managers links older adults and their caregivers to services and opportunities that are available within the community. Care Managers offer a holistic assessment of the client’s needs by identifying health, financial, emotional, functional and environmental concerns. Care Managers offer care options, solutions and guidance navigating challenging systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide care management to Eldersource clients.
- Accepts referrals from the Eldersource Advisors.
- Completes comprehensive in-home assessments to determine needs.
- Creates and implements care plans that meet client needs and preferences.
- Monitors care plans.
- Reassesses client needs and revises care plans as needed.
- May provide information and referral, advocacy, benefit and entitlement counseling.
- Arranges mental health interventions for older adults and their caregivers, when necessary.
- Conducts mental health screenings when appropriate.
- Provides supportive counseling to older adults and their caregivers.
- Works in tandem with Eldersource Mental Health Specialist identifying and providing linkage to appropriate ongoing mental health community services.
- Participates as a member of the inter-agency team.
- Participates in all Eldersource staff meetings and training.
- Participates in all CFC staff meetings and trainings.
- Participates in Quality Assurance activities.
- Accepts and seeks guidance and clinical supervision.
- Maintains up to date professional knowledge of the geriatric field, community services entitlement benefits, clinical skills and competencies through reading, workshops and conferences.
- Awareness of and active support of the Agency’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan.Including, but not limited to, supporting the Agency’s Core Competency initiatives of being Collaborative and Community Focused, Innovative and Entrepreneurial, and Culturally Competent and Diverse.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or similar field required. Master’s degree preferred.
Experience: 2 years is Social Work or related field. At least 1 year in geriatrics preferred.
Credentials: Valid and clean NYS Driver’s license.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: The physical demands/work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, hear, stand, walk, use hands to type and/or perform light lifting. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Adheres to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations including, but not limited to, those governing confidentiality, privacy, program, billing and documentation standards. All duties must be performed in accordance with CFC’s corporate compliance program.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive. Employees will follow other instructions and perform other related duties as required.
***Catholic Family Center is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our agency and our people. EOE/AA Disability/Vet
To apply for this job email your details to HASpencer@cfcrochester.org